• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Unable to pair Stadia account

PvhNpiXuzA

Attempting to add my Stadia account,
Code:
, results in the call to
Code:
api.exophase.com/account/sync/services
taking exactly 1 minute before failing due to
Code:
net::ERR_FAILED
in Chrome. All other calls to the same endpoint succeed in under 400ms.

PSN/Steam/Xbox all paired successfully. Would it be possible to have my Stadia account linked manually? Thanks.

EDIT: I notice my Avatar loads correctly here but tells me my privacy settings are incorrect:

However:
1588560503945.png

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Seems to be working now, I was just able to add it. Try re-adding.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Worked now. Thank you.

Follow up issue, though I'm not sure this is the right place to report it: Monopoly and Spitlings seem to have no achievements (which they do).
Thanks, yeah this is a known issue. The site cannot see any of the individual achievements in those games as they are all marked as secret. The Stadia site works the same way, when viewing a profile that has earned secrets in a game it doesn't show any information on them.

Stacks On Stacks originally had the same issue but then the devs removed the secret flag on all the achievements.

I think Google should change it to how this works on PSN and Xbox, so when viewing a profile that has earned secret achievements, you can view the information. Otherwise, they stay hidden. Or at least show the earned date information next to the secrets. Hopefully this behavior will get changed in a future update to the achievement system.

Last edited:

PvhNpiXuzA

Thanks, yeah this is a known issue. The site cannot see any of the individual achievements in those games as they are all marked as secret. The Stadia site works the same way, when viewing a profile that has earned secrets in a game it doesn't show any information on them.

Stacks On Stacks originally had the same issue but then the devs removed the secret flag on all the achievements.

I think Google should change it to how this works on PSN and Xbox, so when viewing a profile that has earned secret achievements, you can view the information. Otherwise, they stay hidden. Or at least show the earned date information next to the secrets. Hopefully this behavior will get changed in a future update to the achievement system.

Would you mind if I asked how you're actually scraping data from Stadia regarding the achievements? I was unaware Google had an API for Stadia achievements.

Additionally:
  1. Extracting your Stadia data from Google takeout gives a json file that includes secret data (see below). Maybe you could request users upload a copy of this once for each game? That way you at least have a known set of achievements for each game which you can display (even if you can't elegantly track them)
  2. At the very least, maybe show the count of achievements just not the text? Or if your platform needs a title/description just have "Secret Achievement"|"We cannot see this achievement due to Google's limitations". That way while users can't track their achievements, they can at least see the percentage of achievements they have acquired?
Google Takeout JSON for Monopoly:

Code:
{
  "inApplicationAchievements": {
    "item": [
      {
        "achievementName": "Good Start",
        "description": "Own your first property.",
        "progress": "100%",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T03:08:07Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Investor",
        "description": "Build your first house.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T03:17:45Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "VIP",
        "description": "Build your first hotel.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:08:05Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Pole Position",
        "description": "Be the first player to start",
        "completionTime": "2020-05-01T04:35:03Z"
      },
      {
        "progress": "0%"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Precocious",
        "description": "Collect a rent during your first turn.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T14:01:00Z"
      },
      {
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Lucky Draw",
        "description": "Get more than M100 thanks to a card.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:59:41Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Out of Stock",
        "description": "See the bank run out of houses.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T17:04:15Z"
      },
      {
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Great Income",
        "description": "Collect a rent payment of more than M700.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:31:14Z"
      },
      {
      },
      {
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Champion",
        "description": "Win a 6-player game (in local multiplayer).",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:43:41Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "The Master",
        "description": "Win a game.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:43:35Z"
      }
    ]
  }
}

I know it's not a great solution and can 100% understand why you wouldn't want to implement it. It's just a shame that Google seems pretty lacking in their public APIs for Stadia.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Would you mind if I asked how you're actually scraping data from Stadia regarding the achievements? I was unaware Google had an API for Stadia achievements.

Additionally:
  1. Extracting your Stadia data from Google takeout gives a json file that includes secret data (see below). Maybe you could request users upload a copy of this once for each game? That way you at least have a known set of achievements for each game which you can display (even if you can't elegantly track them)
  2. At the very least, maybe show the count of achievements just not the text? Or if your platform needs a title/description just have "Secret Achievement"|"We cannot see this achievement due to Google's limitations". That way while users can't track their achievements, they can at least see the percentage of achievements they have acquired?
Google Takeout JSON for Monopoly:

Code:
{
  "inApplicationAchievements": {
    "item": [
      {
        "achievementName": "Good Start",
        "description": "Own your first property.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T03:08:07Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Investor",
        "description": "Build your first house.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T03:17:45Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "VIP",
        "description": "Build your first hotel.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:08:05Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Pole Position",
        "description": "Be the first player to start",
        "completionTime": "2020-05-01T04:35:03Z"
      },
      {
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Precocious",
        "description": "Collect a rent during your first turn.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T14:01:00Z"
      },
      {
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Lucky Draw",
        "description": "Get more than M100 thanks to a card.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:59:41Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Out of Stock",
        "description": "See the bank run out of houses.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T17:04:15Z"
      },
      {
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Great Income",
        "description": "Collect a rent payment of more than M700.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:31:14Z"
      },
      {
      },
      {
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "Champion",
        "description": "Win a 6-player game (in local multiplayer).",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:43:41Z"
      },
      {
        "achievementName": "The Master",
        "description": "Win a game.",
        "completionTime": "2020-04-30T13:43:35Z"
      }
    ]
  }
}

I know it's not a great solution and can 100% understand why you wouldn't want to implement it. It's just a shame that Google seems pretty lacking in their public APIs for Stadia.

For games that have a mix of regular/secret achievements I do show a message on the page that says the achievements cannot be tracked at this time, Tomb Raider for example: https://www.exophase.com/game/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-stadia/achievements/

However I wasn't expecting that there would be games that only have secret achievements. It causes some issues with our system, since it expects at least one achievement to be inserted in the database before the game shows up proper on the site, etc. I can add some special handling for Stadia to get the progress bar shown regardless but it's not ideal. I will wait a bit to see if there's any changes on Google's side before doing that. Thinking there might be some changes once they get achievement viewing added to the mobile app.

As for the takeout JSON I've seen that but a problem there is that it doesn't include the achievement IDs like the API does. I don't really want to use the name to associate achievements since it can change.

There isn't a public API, but the Stadia site itself uses an API you can see by monitoring the requests. It's not scraping the site, it returns standard JSON (though the response from it is a bit obfuscated).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Fair enough. Makes sense, thanks for doing everything you have done :)

Last question, I hope you don't mind: Why does my username show at the top as "not yet completed" despite having a rank?

https://www.exophase.com/game/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-stadia/leaderboard/

View attachment 10489

View attachment 10490

Thank you once again.
It only shows a rank there if you've earned all achievements in the game. The thinking was - for games with thousands of players, anything below the completion level results in a lot of ranking ties since many will have the same amount of achievements, so it didn't seem that useful to show the rank. At the completion level there won't be any ties (or very few) since it's sorted by date completed.

It is kind of a waste on server resources to pre-calculate the rank on games with hundreds of thousands of players too, when many of the records end up being a tie. Limiting it to only completions avoids this.

I would say I am open to changing it though, if you haven't yet completed the game maybe still show the rank if it has a lower player count (< 5000 players) or something.

Last edited: