• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

user friendly

Pre order Infamous and get early access to the demo and a beta key for the multi-player.

mlgmqq.jpg

Single player better be just as good.

Slasher

Suck It
Excellent news, I wasn't really expecting Uncharted 2 to have multiplayer as well.

I was going to be picking this up even before I heard the news, but now I'm definitely going to be picking it up - perhaps even on launch day :w00t:

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So the multiplayer beta for this starts tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that me and UF got our beta codes from Qore. Is anyone else going to download and participate in the beta here?

Looks like there will be a co-op and competitive playlist available:

The competitive playlists contains 2 maps, with 2 game types available on each: Deathmatch and Plunder. Deathmatch is pretty similar to what you’ve come to expect out of “team deathmatch” in other games. Plunder is Naughty Dog’s take on “capture the flag.” At the start of a round, we’ve placed a treasure in a neutral location on the map and the first team to bring it back to their capture chest scores a point – three points to win. What takes this mode into the UNCHARTED universe? Easy; you can now throw the treasure quite a ways in any direction – in some cases, you’ll HAVE to if you want to score a point.

The biggest thing to keep in mind while playing in competitive matches is to keep thinking three dimensionally. There are many, many different places to climb, hide, and shoot from above ground level. The best advice I can give: remember to look up. And keep moving – if you stay in one place too long, you are likely to have your neck snapped from behind or even be pulled off the ledge you are perched on!

As for the cooperative playlist, we’ve put in a snippet of one of our co-op experiences. Our co-op setups are really rocking right now with three people playing as Drake, Sully, and Chloe as they fight their way through a war-torn city to recover a treasure worth a fortune. In this mode, teamwork is everything and running off alone is a sure way to get killed. Thankfully, in most cases – except for, say, being blown up —you’re not out of the game. If you’ve been downed, you can be revived by one of the other players before your timer runs out! If everyone wipes, you start at the last checkpoint you passed, but be careful, if everyone wipes three times the match is over and you have to start over again. Oh, and keep an eye out on the combo meter on the upper right of the screen. Keep your combo meter increasing by getting kills, picking up treasures or completing objectives and you’ll get a multiplier to the points and cash you’re accumulating. Enemy kills are worth different point amounts depending on what gun you used, so experiment to get the best results. I’ll give you a hint, pistols are awesome.

m8pjzb.jpg

2lk8yfr.jpg

fdvfip.jpg

24yuxxl.jpg

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I have received a spare code for the beta for being a GAP member, so I now have two of them. I'll give my extra beta code to whoever wants it.

FranzH

For the Helghast!
If I did not have exams in the next two weeks [10 of them left, 2 down] then I would ask but I do have exams and I would rather concentrate on them at the mo :)

So, enjoying it?

Whisper

Logic :(
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG5kwtsDXfE&eurl=Passed%20the%20AuditMyPC.com%20referer%20test!&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Interesting new idea. I'm not to sure if I will use it, but I like the ability to watch my game replays.

TD is all I'm pretty sure.

I'm actually hoping they stick a zombie mode in multiplayer. :p

user friendly

Wow, really awesome video, hadn't seen that one yet. :D

[BLACKOUT]Yes, him pulling that guy into cover and taking him out was so good.[/BLACKOUT]

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Those sound effects are beautiful. The gunfire from Nathan's gun just sounds so crisp.

Just played through the first game in anticipation. Such a classic.