• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Man, that sucks. It's like when I got RRoD two days before gears of war 2 came out.

Sinfulfate

That sucks man, sorry to hear it.

Ya the worst thing about this is that I was gonna sell this earlier and pick up a Slim when Dell was selling them for $250. Hopefully I can find someone who will buy this PS3 off me for like $100 and ill just buy a slim instead of getting it repaired.

user friendly

I decided to play it on hard for the first time through, haven't beat it yet though. Probably will beat it on crushing over the weekend if I get enough time to play.

Whisper

Logic :(
Ya the worst thing about this is that I was gonna sell this earlier and pick up a Slim when Dell was selling them for $250. Hopefully I can find someone who will buy this PS3 off me for like $100 and ill just buy a slim instead of getting it repaired.

I think Sony is still offering 50 off any item over 250 at their website. Google Sony style credit card.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I decided to play it on hard for the first time through, haven't beat it yet though. Probably will beat it on crushing over the weekend if I get enough time to play.

Do you have to beat it on Hard to unlock Crushing? If so, that's what I should have done as well. I think I want to get my second Platinum with this.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I am having a bitch of a time getting the Steel Fist trophies on this hog.

Edit - I'm flying through my Hard run. On Chapter 18 after only a few hours. The first part that gave me issues was one scene on the train ride through the mountains.

Edit 2 - Beat it on Hard and will start on Crushing at some point today. I only managed to grab 50 treasures combined on both my playthroughs without use of a guide. Definitely need a guide for the rest.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Just got my Platinum Trophy for this. I've played through the campaign three times already. (Normal, Hard, ans Crushing)

This game is so much fun.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Like the weapon spawning ones?

You can use them for the weapon trophies, but only on a difficulty level you have already completed. I got all of them through regular gameplay on my first two playthroughs with the exception of the GAU Gatling gun. I just loaded up the second to last level on very easy after I beat it on Crushing and got it there.

Slasher

Suck It
I'm having a hell of a time on chapter 22 (I think)

[BLACKOUT]I'm in Shamballah and all these guards come out and begin walking around. I can stealthily kill a few of them, but there's 2 and a metal guy with one of those big guns up near the front which pretty much force me to start shooting at them to get their attention.

After a ton of tries I finally managed to kill all the troops, but then those super-human-like things come out and own the shit out of me. Wtf how do I kill them without dying?[/BLACKOUT]

EDIT: Nevermind I finally did it, fucking things are tough

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM EST ----------

I finally beat this masterpiece today. Played it on Normal difficulty and finished it in just under 10 hours.

What a game. This is probably the best Action/Adventure game I have ever experienced in my life. Good stuff

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Those native Shambala people go down with two shots of the gold crossbows they wield. So if you kill one, pick up it's weapon and take out the others. Grenades also are very effective on them.

That part you described took me a while to get past on my first time visiting it. I actually went through it on Crushing without dying, the same for the end of Chapter 25, which surprised the fuck out of me because I thought those two sections would take a while.

Yeah, the game is super fun. I played co-op for the first time last night and it was also fun. It's basically variations on the same levels of the game, but played with three people and different enemy spawns.

What's your PSN ID Slasher? I'll add you later on.

Slasher

Suck It
Those native Shambala people go down with two shots of the gold crossbows they wield. So if you kill one, pick up it's weapon and take out the others. Grenades also are very effective on them.

Thanks, I sort of figured that out afterwards. The reason it was tough was because I had no cross bow and very little guns/ammo to begin with. The checkpoint that saved had something like 2 shots with a deagle and only a handful of M4 ammo. I had to run around to find some more stuff to use. I also rediscovered the ability to run & gun against these things. I totally forgot it was even possible... all of the game I was always manually aiming for precise shots.

Yeah, the game is super fun. I played co-op for the first time last night and it was also fun. It's basically variations on the same levels of the game, but played with three people and different enemy spawns.

What's your PSN ID Slasher? I'll add you later on.

Sure thing, it's 'Slashzor'. I gave co op a shot just now and it is pretty fun.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I never played the first one but I'm enjoying the hell out of this one.
Would it be pointless to buy the original now?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I never played the first one but I'm enjoying the hell out of this one.
Would it be pointless to buy the original now?
If you are expecting it to be anywhere near as breathtaking as #2, then I would say you will be very disappointed. There's some plot you are missing, but you can kind of piece most of it together without playing #1.

But it really depends what you liked in #2. If you enjoy constant shootouts, a little less platforming, and a decent plain story, then maybe it won't be pointless. But don't go in it expecting it to be just as good