• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Why is this game getting so much internet hatred?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I haven't noticed much either. It's tough to hate this game, I can't see what people would be complaining about.

Did you finish your Crushing run UF?

I found that Crushing was easier when I was on the offensive. Keeping enemies reacting to being shot kept me alive on more than one occasion. If I took cover in those cases, I would have been overwhelmed and surrounded.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
PS3 exclusive? I don't notice any internet hatred though.

I can name at least 20 sites that go out of their way to show why this game isn't perfect... We all know it isn't perfect, but it's still a damn good game.

Slasher

Suck It
I can name at least 20 sites that go out of their way to show why this game isn't perfect... We all know it isn't perfect, but it's still a damn good game.

Reviews critique games - of course they're going to try and find flaws.

Taken from Wikipedia:
Reception
Aggregate scores
Aggregator Score
GameRankings 96.02%
(42 reviews)
GameStats 9.6/10
(58 reviews)
Metacritic 96/100
(75 reviews)
Review scores
Publication Score
1UP.com A+
Computer and Video Games 10/10
Edge 9/10
Eurogamer 10/10
G4 5/5
Game Informer 10/10
GamePro 5/5
GameSpot 9.5/10
GameSpy 4.5/5
GamesRadar 10/10
GameTrailers 9.3/10
IGN 9.5/10
Official PlayStation Magazine (US) 5/5
Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) 10/10
Official PlayStation Magazine (Australia) 10/10
PSM3 (France) 21/20

Pretty damn well received if you ask me. 10 perfect scores, and even 1 MORE than perfect score (21/20)

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I haven't noticed much either. It's tough to hate this game, I can't see what people would be complaining about.

I found that Crushing was easier when I was on the offensive. Keeping enemies reacting to being shot kept me alive on more than one occasion. If I took cover in those cases, I would have been overwhelmed and surrounded.

What did you do for the last boss. that shotgun fucks me up all the time.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Right after I posted that I beat him.
But thanks.

Now that I got him out of the way. I just have to go through the rest of the game on crushing.

Slasher

Suck It
The game isn't getting any hatred, reviewers are getting hatred from the Sony Defense Force for not getting the Metacritic score above 96.

Sony fans are the worst.

Actually, it's at 97 right now

14th highest rated Metascore game. Just passed HL2 score

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
And that's the point. These clowns think there's an anti sony bias because the game isn't 100%.

Thanks for calling me a clown. But next time you want to be a smart-ass ask people what they are talking about before you post, okay?

I have the N4G PS3 RSS Feed and everyday I see at least two or three sites that come bashing Uncharted 2 for the most varied reason.

THAT was what I was referring to.

Never did I mention reviews NOR metacritic NOR am I part of the Sony Defense Force. But I'd rather be a clown than an arrogant prick who thinks he is always so damn right.

btw, here are a few links to prove what I said:

N4G.com : Uncharted 2 is not the game it could have been

N4G.com : Uncharted 2 - Glitches exposed

N4G.com : It Ain't Perfect: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

N4G.com : Why Uncharted 2 Could Spell Bad News for the Games Industry (resumeplay)

N4G.com : Uncharted 2: Is it overhyped?

See what I meant Mr. Knowitall?

Next time before bashing someone at least do your research on what they are talking about so as not to look like a total clown.

Scorned

Well that's one rare site, there's always going to be one annoying person/group who won't be satisfied by something no matter how good it is.

Dan

Contributor
That sucks man, sorry to hear it.

This may be a little 'out there', but I've seen a lot of YLOD's whilst people have been playing Uncharted 2 lately. Could this be because the PS3 has to work it's ass off to run the game?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't think Uncharted 2 totally pushes the PS3 to its limit BUT as we all know Uncharted 1 also has issues with the PS3 that weren't there before... Maybe it FW-related? Maybe it's hardware related? There's no way we can know for sure for now.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Well this game has my PS3 the loudest it has ever been hands down when in game.

Also, Joey wasn't directly calling you a clown or insulting you Enigma. He was calling the Sony fanboys who are crying that this game didn't get a perfect score clowns.

user friendly

Not quite, should be done by this weekend. Hopefully platinum'd as well.

Well this game has my PS3 the loudest it has ever been hands down when in game.
Holy shit, ditto. My girl was like WTF, turn it off and I was like no wai!

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I'm scared to boot it up :|
I have the game but I'm saving it until x-mas when I get my TV.

It's so difficult to just leave it there without opening D;

twelve

I'm not dead
Well that's one rare site, there's always going to be one annoying person/group who won't be satisfied by something no matter how good it is.
It's not one rare site.

The sources for those 5 articles are:
fidgit.com
gameswire.net
crispygamer.com
resumeplay.net
nanasparadox.com

Which makes me think that N4G are either some rabid Sony fanboys that believe the game is perfect and is posting these articles to try and get the fanboy army on their side, or they're rabid Microsoft fanboys that are scouring the web looking for every bit of trash they can find on a PS3 exclusive.