• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It's not one rare site.

The sources for those 5 articles are:
fidgit.com
gameswire.net
crispygamer.com
resumeplay.net
nanasparadox.com

Which makes me think that N4G are either some rabid Sony fanboys that believe the game is perfect and is posting these articles to try and get the fanboy army on their side, or they're rabid Microsoft fanboys that are scouring the web looking for every bit of trash they can find on a PS3 exclusive.

Very true. I never said they were trustyworthy sites, I just asked why so many people were angry at this game.

N4G rarely has trustworthy news (but as I've posted here before, some are actually relevant) but this hatred against one game just made me wonder "what the hell?"

Joey

This game is amazing. It's the best looking game I've ever seen. It's an improvement over the first in every way possible. Well, maybe. I haven't finished the game yet. We'll see if the ending is better, which I've heard it might not be.

That said, this game is absolutely incredible. The climbing is still fun, and the gun play is actually fun this time. And the set pieces... Oh god.

Also, have to say, the story is actually really good. I thought I had some of the twists figured out, but the story surprised me.

Game is ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM EST ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 08:15 PM EST ----------

Ok, I'm at this part on the train (what is it with shooters having a train level? Gears and Killzone 2 already did this), and there's some douche who takes a billion shots, and I can't beat him. I've tried meleeing him, but he always gets me on the second attempt. I have no idea how to beat him, and It's really starting to ruin my enjoyment of this game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
This game is amazing. It's the best looking game I've ever seen. It's an improvement over the first in every way possible. Well, maybe. I haven't finished the game yet. We'll see if the ending is better, which I've heard it might not be.

That said, this game is absolutely incredible. The climbing is still fun, and the gun play is actually fun this time. And the set pieces... Oh god.

Also, have to say, the story is actually really good. I thought I had some of the twists figured out, but the story surprised me.

Game is ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM EST ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 08:15 PM EST ----------

Ok, I'm at this part on the train (what is it with shooters having a train level? Gears and Killzone 2 already did this), and there's some douche who takes a billion shots, and I can't beat him. I've tried meleeing him, but he always gets me on the second attempt. I have no idea how to beat him, and It's really starting to ruin my enjoyment of this game.

Keep damaging him until he charges you and then get into a melee battle with him. Eventually you'll get to a QTE button press event that ends in smashing him to the ground.

Joey

Yeah, finally got it... Although, I have no idea what I did on that last time, that was any different from the previous 50.

Whisper

Logic :(
What setting were you playing on?

Seth

MD Party Room
So I just bought the game at amazon if anyone want it.... It only 40 bucks now!

El Diablo

Do you kind of have to have played the first to be able to play this one or do they not tie together too much? Thinking about picking this up but I never played the first one.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just picked this game up for $20 from Amazon (got the $20 promotion credit when I got MW2 from them), hard to turn down since this is a game I really want to play, although won't be able to until a few weeks since I have finals soon :(

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's not required, but I think it does provide valuable back story information. I'm sure you can YouTube the cutscenes from the first game.

RajeeMama007

Well, you better delve into Uncharted 2 quickly if you wish to experience the online component of the game as servers are going to be shut down come September 4th. ;)