• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Updating Old CFW to Newest OFW?

ilyace

I've got an old PSP1001 that I'd like to update to the latest OFW, but it's on an old ass CFW. The first issue I have is finding out what cfw it actually is - in System Information it tells me its on 3.40*, but when I go to the recovery menu it tells me it's running 3.51 wildc*rd.

Second question is how do I update this to the latest OFW. I tried running the 6.31 update after downloading it through the Network Update, but that didn't work (got an error DADADADA). Any ideas?

Adiuvo

Use a Pandora battery to update it. Specifically via this guide. The universal unbricker allows you to install an OFW from it's menu and from there you can update to the newest.

Are you sure you want to update to an official version though? All new games are still playable due to Prometheus.

ilyace

Use a Pandora battery to update it. Specifically via this guide. The universal unbricker allows you to install an OFW from it's menu and from there you can update to the newest.

Are you sure you want to update to an official version though? All new games are still playable due to Prometheus.

Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

The reason I'm updating is because I'm selling it, I'd rather give it to the person with the latest OFW than have them have to mess around with it or email me about it.

Spiros

Maiki
Maybe it would be a good idea to ask the guy, more than likely he knows exactly what he wants to do with the psp, and you could save yourself some time.