• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Uplay leaderboard idea

Khaos004

I was wondering if it would be possible add a filter by game system on the leaderboard? The points depend on the rarity of a challenge; currently there are only two people tracked on Steep on PS4, for instance, so the whole game is worth only 449 points; on PC it's worth 1,690. This might allow for an apples to apples comparison. Also, not everyone plays across different consoles or on PC, so the leaderboard rewards not just completing challenges, but completing challenges across a number of systems. Not everyone has access to a PS4 and a good PC and an XBox, and not everyone will want to play the same game 3 or 4 times over.
Just an idea.

Gryma

If I'm not mistaken, now Ubisoft Connect cross platform about challenges (if you look about Watch Dogs Legion, we have only Uplay, not "Uplay and PS4" for exemple). Only 5 "olds" game have that.

JMR777

he’s talking about Exophase points. It’s still tracked by platform on here.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'd be open to adding it (we have a platform filter on the PSN leaderboard), but @Gryma seems to be right, it does look like Ubisoft is getting rid of the separate listings for different platforms.

I'm not 100% sure - I see a few games still have them, but for example nothing has turned up for Assassin's Creed Valhalla or Watch Dogs Legion yet.

Khaos004

Right, but my point is *Exophase* still differentiates by platform. There are only two tracked players on PS4 for Steep for instance, so the game is worth 29 points. It's worth 1,961 on PC.
So one option would be to filter. Another would be for this site to consolidate all the different platform users on a given game, and assign on that basis. So Steep, for instance, would assign points based on how many people have a given challenge across all users - PC, PS4, Stadia, XBox...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Right, but my point is *Exophase* still differentiates by platform. There are only two tracked players on PS4 for Steep for instance, so the game is worth 29 points. It's worth 1,961 on PC.
So one option would be to filter. Another would be for this site to consolidate all the different platform users on a given game, and assign on that basis. So Steep, for instance, would assign points based on how many people have a given challenge across all users - PC, PS4, Stadia, XBox...
I see. My thinking is that I don't really want to add a platform filter if Ubisoft is no longer separating the games.

I'm going to see if we can just merge the games into one - if the challenge IDs are the same on Ubisoft's side then this would be simple to do. I had a quick look and this seems to be the case now. Otherwise, the option of consolidating all the users across platforms and assign points based on that sounds good to me.

Khaos004

So for clarity:
Watch Dogs Legion and Assassins Creed Valhalla (and future games) will be cross-platform.
Steep, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, The Division 2, For Honor, and Hyper Scape crossed over to Ubisoft Connect.
Assassins Creed Odyssey and Rainbow Six Siege will cross over in the future, according to Ubisoft.
So 7 "old" games and 2 new ones so far could be merged. Can't wait for this!

NScryer

So for clarity:
Watch Dogs Legion and Assassins Creed Valhalla (and future games) will be cross-platform.
Steep, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, The Division 2, For Honor, and Hyper Scape crossed over to Ubisoft Connect.
Assassins Creed Odyssey and Rainbow Six Siege will cross over in the future, according to Ubisoft.
I still don't get it !!
by making the games cross-platform , does that mean you can't stack up challenges by doing them again on different platform ?!
Before , The Crew 2 was somehow cross-platform ( meaning my progression is tied to my Ubisoft account , I had all the challenges on Uplay , when I played the game on Stadia back then , some of my progression was there on my account when I started the game.
Now after this BS , I see 0 achevements on the Uplay , and I lost most of the challenges unlocked on Stadia , and only left with 2

even though I never touched Stadia since then , I don't get it !!

NScryer

So for clarity:
I still don't get it !!
by making the games cross-platform , does that mean you can't stack up challenges by doing them again on different platform ?!
Before , The Crew 2 was somehow cross-platform ( meaning my progression is tied to my Ubisoft account , I had all the challenges on Uplay , when I played the game on Stadia back then , some of my progression was there on my account when I started the game.
Now after this BS , I see 0 achevements on the Uplay , and I lost most of the challenges unlocked on Stadia , and only left with 2

even though I never touched Stadia since then , I don't get it !!
I see. My thinking is that I don't really want to add a platform filter if Ubisoft is no longer separating the games.

I'm going to see if we can just merge the games into one - if the challenge IDs are the same on Ubisoft's side then this would be simple to do. I had a quick look and this seems to be the case now. Otherwise, the option of consolidating all the users across platforms and assign points based on that sounds good to me.
do you know why some games gives different amount of XP from a player to another ?!
for example Watch Dogs Legion !!

is it that the game has been played on two different platforms where each has different XP count ?!

Khaos004

do you know why some games gives different amount of XP from a player to another ?!
for example Watch Dogs Legion !!

is it that the game has been played on two different platforms where each has different XP count ?!

I have this question too.