• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[US] Prop 8 overturned

Joey

You misread me, I was saying all practitioners of religion weren't crazy.

And I'm saying it's irrelevant to the discussion. Or, at least I don't see why that matters. I mean, I agree, there are some decent Christians... But they're not the ones trying to dictate other's rights, so I don't care about them when it comes to this discussion.

That's the point. I'm not saying we should abolish Christianity because some Christians are trying to infringe on other's rights... That would make me a hypocrite. I'm just identifying the root of the problem. You can have your beliefs, but don't try to force them on others. That's exactly what's happening here.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
And I'm saying it's irrelevant to the discussion. Or, at least I don't see why that matters. I mean, I agree, there are some decent Christians... But they're not the ones trying to dictate other's rights, so I don't care about them when it comes to this discussion.

That's the point. I'm not saying we should abolish Christianity because some Christians are trying to infringe on other's rights... That would make me a hypocrite. I'm just identifying the root of the problem. You can have your beliefs, but don't try to force them on others. That's exactly what's happening here.

Of course, and I strongly agree. Being a guy whose felt wronged by life and got out of it without seeking religion, I personally feel awkward going to a synagogue now. I honestly can't take hearing about great god is/was. But, I was responding to El Diablo saying that religions are crazy. When, most of them are rational thinking human beings besides some extremists and the Pope.

p.s. I hate the Pope.

Joey

Of course, and I strongly agree. Being a guy whose felt wronged by life and got out of it without seeking religion, I personally feel awkward going to a synagogue now. I honestly can't take hearing about great god is/was. But, I was responding to El Diablo saying that religions are crazy. When, most of them are rational thinking human beings besides some extremists and the Pope.

p.s. I hate the Pope.

Well sorry, I agree... I belive Religions are crazy. Perfectly good and normal people can believe in god, but that doesn't make the concept less crazy.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Well sorry, I agree... I belive Religions are crazy. Perfectly good and normal people can believe in god, but that doesn't make the concept less crazy.

Of course it's crazy, and I agree the idea is crazy. I don't even know how I can look back at 5 years of hebrew school (I wasn't bar mitzvah'd) and think that I was having fun. I was generally poked fun of for being the kid who drew anime a lot and didn't do anything in class. I hated it. I can honestly say I hate it more than most would think. And if it were up to me, I would rather go to a daycare in the worst parts of Compton.

But you said what I meant to say is that those who may believe in a god can be normal. Case closed, said and done.

Deathrow

Very glad to hear it overturned. I live in Cali, so it has became a big deal in my community. My opinion is this: If it was once allowed by the state, and on top of that in other states, why would people deem to get rid of it if it has already existed? Your taking away someone's right, which is given as a privilege and then you try to take it away over legal documentation. It's fucked up in my mind, sad to see that quite a few people were rejected of actually marrying each other.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So I ran into someone who is against gay marriage, and this person said he is against it because when he becomes a parent, he doesn't want his kid to learn in school that you can be sexually attracted to the same sex.

I felt like punching the guy.