• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

usb charge in psp slim

Blah1349

Hey guys, Im running cfw 5.00 m33-6 on a psp slim. And even though i heard the slim is usb chargable, the battery isnt holding a charge on my end when plugged in to my pc. I already went into the recovery menu to "enable usb charge" and I already tried the psp slim plug-in for usb charging but neither method worked. Any methods that might work Im willing to try, also thanks in advance.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Could be a flaky connection.. have you tried it using a different USB port or on another computer?

Blah1349

Could be a flaky connection.. have you tried it using a different USB port or on another computer?

Different usb ports yeah, but not another computer. when plugged in, the orange light on my pspslim that indicates charging is on, but after I leave it alone, it goes into sleep mode and ceases to charge. I know the plug I downloaded was from 07, and Im not too sure if an updated one was released yet.

edit - Also, one odd thing seems to happen, it appears when I leave my psp off for a lengthy amount of time, say, a 3 weeks, the battery gets so drained that the clock itself needs to be reset to the current date and time. I dont know if this has something to do with high performance cpu option, but that was my first guess...

january39

eXo Staff
Would be mine, there is a small internal battery that is used to give enough power to remember the date/time/options etc - I would suspect this is either damaged or draining quicker than intended. The actual battery itself is cheap to replace though.

Dan

Contributor
It could be a build up of static. Let your battery drain completely, then try it again.

How long have you had your battery?

Blah1349

It could be a build up of static. Let your battery drain completely, then try it again.

How long have you had your battery?

Well, Ive had the slim for about 3 years but in truth I kinda neglected it for my DS. The battery has drained several times and Id rather not drop 40 bux for a new battery. I looked in the recovery menu though and the cpu speed was set at it default settings. yeah, Im kinda lost >_>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Different usb ports yeah, but not another computer. when plugged in, the orange light on my pspslim that indicates charging is on, but after I leave it alone, it goes into sleep mode and ceases to charge. I know the plug I downloaded was from 07, and Im not too sure if an updated one was released yet.

So wait, it holds a charge provided the PSP doesn't enter sleep mode? That's the issue. Sleep mode is a low-power state and plugins are unloaded to compensate.

As a workaround, you could disable the "Auto Sleep" feature (located under the Power Save Settings submenu) and turn off your PSP's backlight when it's connected via USB but not in use. Hold the backlight button for around 3 secs to do this.