• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 USB Storage Problems

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Okay, so, as we all know, the Xbox live Spring update has brought in support for USB drives as storage devices on Xbox 360. When I got the update, the first thing I did was to format the remaining 1.6gb on my 8gb USB drive for Xbox storage space. I used it to store primarily my Gamertag, along with a few things such as avatar items, and some small game saves. I got a warning about performance being low, but I didn't really expirience any issues wiht it.

After a while, I started to run out of space on my 20gb HDD, so I thought I'd use the full 8gb avaliable on my USB drive for Xbox storage. First, I deleted some map packs and stuff off of my HDD to make room, and then transferred all the Xbox content on my USB drive back to my HDD and removed the xbox 360 storage formatting. I then plugged the USB drive into my computer, and took everything else off of the USB drive, which included things such as word documents, movies and music.

I plugged the same, now completely empty USB drive back into my xbox, and began formatting the whole memory stick for Xbox use. I got an error, stating that the device did not meet xbox requirements, and could not be used for storage because it failed a 'Data loss' test. I tried this several times, before starting to try and format just half of the 8gb drive for use. I kept trying to format it with smaller and smaller partitions, but nothing works. I get the same error about failing Data loss tests and not meeting performance requirements every time.

I've since plugged the USB drive back into my PC, and tried formatting it as FAT32 using the standard Windows formatter. This succedded, but I'm still getting the same error message on the Xbox, about failing a data loss test. I even intentionally formatted the drive as NTFS, which I know isn't compatible, and then reformatted it using the xbox to FAT32. This didn't work either.

In short, I fail to understand why the drive worked before, and passed the performance tests, but won't now. For reference, the flash drive I'm using is an 8gb Cosair Flash Voyager. Has anyone else expirienced this problem, or have any suggestions as to what I could do? Thanks in advance.

tl;dr: I formatted a USB drive for xbox storage, worked fine until I reformatted it with a higher capacity. Doesn't work on Xbox at all now. Suggestions?

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Hey, thanks for the response. Though I don't have my 8gb Corsair I was using last time, I'll try doing that with a different USB when I get home later today to see if it'll work. I've lent it to a friend for the time being. I'll let you know what happens.

Update:
Hey, sorry, I still havn't tried this. Having lent the 8gb USB drive to a friend, I realised didn't have any more, but forgot to post back. I guess I'll have to try it when I get my USB drive back. Thanks anyway though, Vanden.