• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 USB Storage Support Coming in Spring Update

very crappy about the 16GB limit.

oh well I sure xbr will support this.

Cryox

Bro.
sweet! This is a much needed feature, I'm tired of my 20Gb hard drive always being full.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
very crappy about the 16GB limit.

oh well I sure xbr will support this.

16gb is plenty for a flash drive anyways. While 32gb sticks are just coming down in price to be affordable I feel that 16gb is the perfect amount. Most people right now don't even have 16gb drives; most have smaller 1-2gb drives with a few 4-8gb owners.

well your right..I might pick up 16GB cheap somewhere for my mod, non-live 360...sucks having to delete and rip games off disc. also hacking save games will be kind of easyer. I hope.

16 and 20 makes a pretty good 36GB xbox.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
32GB flash drives can be had for pretty cheap on sale, though. Relatively speaking. There's also 64GB ones.

My guess is that they are imposing a size limit so as to not cannibalize hard drive sales. For the average user, 32GB is probably enough space. But with the limit they will opt for a hard drive instead. The price of flash memory is continuously plummeting.. won't be long before 64GB is cheap either.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
32GB flash drives can be had for pretty cheap on sale, though. Relatively speaking. There's also 64GB ones.

My guess is that they are imposing a size limit so as to not cannibalize hard drive sales. For the average user, 32GB is probably enough space. But with the limit they will opt for a hard drive instead. The price of flash memory is continuously plummeting.. won't be long before 64GB is cheap either.

Very true, I saw a 32gb on sale for around $40 the other day and almost picked it up. Although I wonder if there would be anyway to bypass this limit, most likely not (as it would be in the 360's firmware itself) but worth a look into. 16gb's can be had for around $30-40 regularly right now which is roughly the price of the 512mb Memory Unit so it's a nice addition nonetheless

Cryox

Bro.
Very true, I saw a 32gb on sale for around $40 the other day and almost picked it up. Although I wonder if there would be anyway to bypass this limit, most likely not (as it would be in the 360's firmware itself) but worth a look into. 16gb's can be had for around $30-40 regularly right now which is roughly the price of the 512mb Memory Unit so it's a nice addition nonetheless

would it be possible to partition the USB drive into to 16Gb slices and use it all that way?

Seth

MD Party Room
Wish I use a external HDD, every since the ps3 stop letting me copy my save data I stopped using flash on my ps3, it cool that the 360 will let me have a backup of my save data