• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using Media Go with psp 3000 (CFW 5.03 gen-c full)

hirua

Any psp 3000 experts and experienced users, please help me with this...

I downloaded a free DLC content from the PSN through Media Go on my pc. And when i wanted to transfer it to my psp 3000, the Media Go asks me to update the firmware of my psp. No way I'll do that lol.

1)What I wanted to know, is it possible if I change my version.txt ( from 3.xx to 6.xx) to enable the transfer from Media Go? (As I heard someone managed to do it on psp 3000)
2)Does it have any risk of "brick"ing my psp?
3)Anyone has managed to make a successful transfer to their psp 3000 CFW 5.03 gen-C full?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated =)

EDIT:

Problem is solved. =)

1)For psp 3000 5.03 gen-C (full), the version.txt is already version9.90, no need to change it anymore. All I had to do to enable the transfer from media go to my psp is to enable the "Use Version.txt" option in the Recovery menu. It can be enabled by toggling the "Hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG" option at the same menu.
2)I didnt change it as it was already version9.90, so I dont know it will be bricked or not if the version.txt is manually modified.
3)And finally, yes, I has successfully transferred the DLC content from the media go to my psp 3000. And its working perfectly. =)

Reference: A thread in pspiso

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm fairly sure that you could probably just transfer the content manually by exploring the folder that Media Go saves content to and copying it over to the PSP. I've never used Media Go ever to manage content on the PSP though so I can't say for certain where on your computer it will have saved the DLC but I would guess it would be in a folder in My Documents.

hirua

I'm fairly sure that you could probably just transfer the content manually by exploring the folder that Media Go saves content to and copying it over to the PSP. I've never used Media Go ever to manage content on the PSP though so I can't say for certain where on your computer it will have saved the DLC but I would guess it would be in a folder in My Documents.

Thanks for the response, MenaceInc. Unfortunately, I'm sure that the method you mentioned doesnt work because some people already tried it. The DLC comes in .pkg file type... dont know what to do or where to put it in the PSP...