• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

dillonbladez

HELP??

hi, thanks the really nice guide :)

but i have some problems. when i boot with the MMS and pandora, the light turns on (power) for about half a second then turns off. i tried many different batteries and even a hard-modded one, so i have no clue on what to do next.its a psp phat 1001

envisiblenbk

so i do everything with my psp with 5.00 m33-6 until the part where i unbrick psp for the psp im trying to unbrick? and im trying to make my friend a hacked psp and his is 6.00 but its a phat is it safe?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
so i do everything with my psp with 5.00 m33-6 until the part where i unbrick psp for the psp im trying to unbrick? and im trying to make my friend a hacked psp and his is 6.00 but its a phat is it safe?

Yes, as long as it's a phat, you will be able to install cfw on it.

Alex

It doesnt work with PSP 3000's or PSP2000's with a TA-88V3 motherboard

JamesK

It doesnt work with PSP 3000's or PSP2000's with a TA-88V3 motherboard
Thanks man, is there any way of knowing apart from having the box? What if I just try it anyway, it won't be bricked but instead just not load the MMS with the pandora inserted. Right?

Alex

thats correct, most TA-88V3's, 90% come with 4.01 or higher when it's first bought

gnash

ok so I redid my psp with the 5.oom33-6 and now my cso that played before will not play. ITs the newest GT game also the ISo of the new GTA will not play. How can I go back to the old 4.01 CFW? or what else can i do to get these games to play?? Indiana Jones Staff of kings will play. also noticed by NES emulator quit working. HELP Por Favor.

Alex

the NES emulator requires the 150k addon, + to downgrade you could try hellcats recovery flasher

haseeb08

Haseeb
What is 3.x kernel??will it work on 5.50 gen(full)??help plz!!

You can skip the battery conversion part.

Hi,i am a hacker and was searching on this topic that i founded urs and liked it really!!:smile:
but the thing which i can't understand is that what is 3.x kernel??how do i enable or download it?? and will this setup of making MMS and pandora will work on my 5.50 gen(full)??
plz reply!!

Alex

Hi,i am a hacker and was searching on this topic that i founded urs and liked it really!!:smile:
but the thing which i can't understand is that what is 3.x kernel??how do i enable or download it?? and will this setup of making MMS and pandora will work on my 5.50 gen(full)??
plz reply!!

in your case it will be the 5XX kernal. Fully turn off your psp - then hold R and turn it on. you will now be in a the recovery menu.
Goto configuration then homebrew kernal folder or something and change it to 5XX. then back then exit :)