• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Vagrant story EBOOT

Di Vaio

i'm running 4.01 M33-2 and am having difficulty running Vagrant story. i have had it working on previous versions of the custom firmware but now it just comes up as corrupt data. any suggestions? i am currently re-acquiring the file to see if the file i have just went bad or something. do i put the file in a folder other than GAME or GAME150 folder?
any help would be appreciated.

Alex

try putting it in GAME401
you should of also posted this in the psp help section, atleast you know for next time

Di Vaio

GAME401 didn't work, that folder goes in the PSP folder right? no Dice.

Di Vaio

i got a new file it goes like this PSP/GAME/Vagrant Story/EBOOT.PBP, KEYS.BIN & Thumbs.db
the game starts now but it stops at the "NOW LOADING" screen. any suggestions?

angelsniper45

Do you have popsloader? Ifnot go to dark-alex.org and download the right one. All you do is put it in "SEplugins" folder on the root of the memory stick

Di Vaio

yeah i went to the site and couldn't find anything about popsloader. mind posting a link? and what happened to dark alex's firmware playing PSX games without popsloader? when i first loaded custom firmware on my PSP like a year or two ago it just played PSX games without any extra bullshit.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Should work fine without popsloader. Upgrading to the latest firmware, 5.00 M33-6, may solve your issue.

Di Vaio

god damn it

when i went to install popsloader the directions said this, what does he mean by "dump desired firmware"? not to sound like a noob but i don't usually dick around with this thing much except installing the latest custom firmware.
Install from scratch:

*" Copy seplugins to memstick root folder replacing files.
* Dump the desired firmware to extract the files needed. (choose decrypt all option in psardumper)"

i installed 5.00 M33-6 and now nothing works. none of the games on the memory card work anymore so i reloaded the games on to the memory card and they still don't work. i'm talking about PSX & PSP .CSO & .ISO files.

Help please.

Alex

define they dont work?
do they show?
if they do press select and change your driver from normal to m33.

Di Vaio

thanks, changing to M33 driver worked for the PSP games but i still can't get the PSX games to work. they start to load but then just never stop loading (as the case with Vagrant Story. i tried FF9 and it went to the new game screen and then just a black screen. any suggestions to get the PSX games working? should i try popsloader again?

Alex

i would try the pops again
have to tried to format flash1 in the recovery menu?

Di Vaio

recovery menu? sorry not to sound new to this but i don't know what that is, or how to get to it. liek a said before i don't know much about this scene, i just got custom firmware and thats as far as it goes. sorry to sound like an idiot.

Nevermind I found the recovery menu. Didn't work. Psx still not functioning correctly. Any other suggestions?

Alex

have you tried running the psx game under the 3.71 popsloader
i dont use pops so im shooting blanks atm

Di Vaio

I don't understand dark alex's instructions for installing popsloader. He talks about dumping software versions. Do u have any problems running PSX games in 5.0?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There is a guide here on setting up popsloader:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5531

It does not pertain specifically to the 5.00 popsloader but the steps to dump the firmware are the same either way. So, follow that guide but use the 5.00 popsloader module instead, not the 3.80 M33 version that is linked in the post.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor