• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam Valve: Steam Hack Investigation Still Ongoing, 'Probable' That Intruders Accessed Old Backup File

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
so, it did not include password data, but included credit card info...really, i think the latter is to be more worried about.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so, it did not include password data, but included credit card info...really, i think the latter is to be more worried about.

It was encrypted - and most credit cards I've had expire after 2-3 years so even if they did manage to decrypt it wouldn't really matter.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
It was encrypted - and most credit cards I've had expire after 2-3 years so even if they did manage to decrypt it wouldn't really matter.

i would assume that the password data would be encrypted as well(although, after sony's incident, who knows anylonger.) Still if two pieces of information were stolen, both encrypted, and one directly lead to me being in debt if it were ever decrypted, i think i'd worry about that one more.

i guess the way i read the story is that, it's apparently ok because it didn't include any password information.

eldiablov

Contributor
i would assume that the password data would be encrypted as well(although, after sony's incident, who knows anylonger.) Still if two pieces of information were stolen, both encrypted, and one directly lead to me being in debt if it were ever decrypted, i think i'd worry about that one more.

i guess the way i read the story is that, it's apparently ok because it didn't include any password information.

For someone with sony in your sig you sound pretty bitter :/