• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Verizon] HTC Droid Incredible

Adiuvo

Guess the Nexus One isn't coming to Verizon then. Considering Verizon helped immensely with Android taking off, it figures they would work out some sort of deal.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well I've had it for about a week now (few days short) and can say that I'm loving it. I really have no complaints about the phone other than the weak vibrate but everything else, including the battery, is holding up just fine. It feels great in my hand and I hardly notice it is in my pocket at times. The only other downside isn't so much the phone, which as I said is great, but the Android Market. The fit and finish of the games are no where near iPhone/iPod quality and there are only a handful of "must-have games".

Joey

I'm looking forward to the new iPhone, but you should really enjoy this phone. I have a Nexus One rooted with the Desire ROM installed, and I love it. Your phone is better spec's wise, so that's good, and after using Sense for about a week, I have to say, it's probably the best phone I've had. And this a OS that's not even supposed to run on this phone.

You'll really love this phone Ipaq. It's fabulous.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm looking forward to the new iPhone, but you should really enjoy this phone. I have a Nexus One rooted with the Desire ROM installed, and I love it. Your phone is better spec's wise, so that's good, and after using Sense for about a week, I have to say, it's probably the best phone I've had. And this a OS that's not even supposed to run on this phone.

You'll really love this phone Ipaq. It's fabulous.

Already do :) Just love being able to check things up while on the go and enjoy some music + games occasionally. I'm hoping this thing gets rooted soon, would love for some wifi tethering action. I also love Swpe (keyboard), not sure if it's going to make me type faster but it's a very solid solution (I've used similar keyboards on Windows Mobile but none were as good).

The phone's call quality is excellent as well, so all-in-all I'm already loving it :) Haven't had any issues with the battery life being short which was a problem on my HTC Touch Pro (which I used for only 2 months). I just loooove this phone.

Recently market analysis said that ATT renewed their contract with Apple so we might not even see iPhone 4G on Verizon. Either way I'm really happy with my purchase

Joey

Already do :) Just love being able to check things up while on the go and enjoy some music + games occasionally. I'm hoping this thing gets rooted soon, would love for some wifi tethering action. I also love Swpe (keyboard), not sure if it's going to make me type faster but it's a very solid solution (I've used similar keyboards on Windows Mobile but none were as good).

The phone's call quality is excellent as well, so all-in-all I'm already loving it :) Haven't had any issues with the battery life being short which was a problem on my HTC Touch Pro (which I used for only 2 months). I just loooove this phone.

Recently market analysis said that ATT renewed their contract with Apple so we might not even see iPhone 4G on Verizon. Either way I'm really happy with my purchase

I have to admit, I'd really liked to dump both ATT and T-mobile for an iPhone on Verizon (I'm curently still paying the $10 a month on ATT to keep the line open from when I bought an iPhone 3GS, and screen basically exploded)... Both are just awful in terms of service. T-Mobile is slightly better, but still... Quite terrible. I really wish Apple would stop dicking around, and get off ATT. I just don't see how they benefit from sticking with ATT.

Kinda jealous here Ipaq :/

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
One pet peeve of mine though, it won't fit in a portrait dock for my desk, only a landscape one (even then it's "iffy") and the Sense UI doesn't have a landscape mode.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Well I've had it for about a week now (few days short) and can say that I'm loving it. I really have no complaints about the phone other than the weak vibrate but everything else, including the battery, is holding up just fine. It feels great in my hand and I hardly notice it is in my pocket at times. The only other downside isn't so much the phone, which as I said is great, but the Android Market. The fit and finish of the games are no where near iPhone/iPod quality and there are only a handful of "must-have games".

Thats because the Android Market is an open market unlike Apple.

Case and point, id much rather a free market than a communist one... Buyer/Downlader beware, thats the general rule of any market

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thats because the Android Market is an open market unlike Apple.

Case and point, id much rather a free market than a communist one... Buyer/Downlader beware, thats the general rule of any market

Yeah I felt that way too and went with android for that reason as well. The quality of the apps are lacking but there are alot of good ones as well that easily stand out. I don't really need anymore apps or games than what I have now.

PS: typing this from my incredible in the theaters waiting for iron man 2