• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Viliv X70 - UMPC

unlockingsky

Dynamism

The Viliv X70 features a 1024 x 600 7" WSVGA display, 32GB solid-state drive (SSD), and an Intel AtomTM 1.33GHz processor. Its battery lasts for a remarkable 5+ hours of movie playback (actual time), and its instant-on feature allows you to resume Windows XPTM from sleep in under five seconds. With 6 days of standby time, the X70 is a truly ultraportable device that delivers the full rich web experience. Rich web is complemented by rich media. The X70 supports 720p HD video playback, and features integrated Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS.

viliv_x70_01.jpg

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IO-5LRCmTI[/YT]

=====================================================

i am definitely getting one. lol.

Ragnarok

Thanks for the info

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Probably should've posted about this ;) It's got the same specs as the Viliv S5 that I've been talking about before but with a camera and mic and is not pocketable. It makes for an awesome tablet PC with a decent size screen. I kind of wish my S5 had a bigger screen right about now. I will write up a thorough review of my Viliv S5 soon enough. I can tell you one thing though, the build quality from Viliv is amazing. My S5 is like a brick (that's a good thing) and I'm very happy with my purchase (makes for a great GPS unit too).

The keyboard isn't the greatest but that's what bluetooth/usb portable keyboards are for. I bought a Logitech Dinovo mini when it was on sale and it was perfect for my S5 although I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, not that great of a thumb keyboard IMO.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wow 600 bucks...

So why get this over a cheap netbook?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I thought Vanden asked for benefits o_O

GPS alone is enough for me to make a purchase and is what helped me make my decision in buying my S5 (smaller version of the X70). You're buying a PMP, GPS unit and computer in one small package. The specs (cpu, ram, hdd) all mimic that of a netbook but the form factor is entirely different. While a laptop will serve most people's needs they are not that versatile and portable. The X70 will give you roughly 6 hours of video playback, that's unheard of for a netbook (standard battery) and very impressive given the size of the device.

Here's a hands-on video of it: Mobile Tech Minutes: First Look at the Viliv X70 UMPC

As well as a further look: Page not found

If you're looking for a nice mobile experience the X70 or the S5 are perfect candidates. My S5 is pocketable with the same specs (cpu, hdd, ram) and a smaller screen. Some may like the small screen while others may find it a bit hard to use with XP.

unlockingsky

The keyboard isn't the greatest but that's what bluetooth/usb portable keyboards are for. I bought a Logitech Dinovo mini when it was on sale and it was perfect for my S5 although I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, not that great of a thumb keyboard IMO.

lol. the thumbboard is great for people who use sidekicks. though im not a sidekick user and might purchase a bt keyboard from dealextreme.

did anyone get to preorder? the preorder link is disabled.... =(

unlockingsky

yeaH! i got the x70... BUTTTTTT.... gps software not included. i've downloaded streetdeck2 demo and still not working. =( so far am not happy because of this gps.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
yeaH! i got the x70... BUTTTTTT.... gps software not included. i've downloaded streetdeck2 demo and still not working. =( so far am not happy because of this gps.

Streetdeck should work, try downloading GPSGate (it's shareware but can be used for free I think, at least I used it on my S5). If you checkout pocketables.net and the forums there you should find a lot of information. I would suggest reading multiple S5 threads (Viliv S5) on their forums because the hardware is virtually the same.

I recommend getting Garmin Mobile PC (pirating or purchasing it), 5.010 (or something like that) works the best on the S5.