• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Vista or Xp?

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I use XP. And plan never to switch to vista, lol. Unless it gets better.

twelve

I'm not dead
I use XP. And plan never to switch to vista, lol. Unless it gets better.
Such a shame so many people are going to ignorantly skip over a perfectly good OS because they can't get over it having a bad launch. XP wasn't well received at launch but you're all still clinging onto that.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Such a shame so many people are going to ignorantly skip over a perfectly good OS because they can't get over it having a bad launch. XP wasn't well received at launch but you're all still clinging onto that.

It took me years to make the switch from Windows 98 to Windows XP, lol. Same thing will probably happen for Vista. Pretty much I'll end up getting a new computer with it on it, and that'll be the end of that.

twelve

I'm not dead
It took me years to make the switch from Windows 98 to Windows XP, lol. Same thing will probably happen for Vista. Pretty much I'll end up getting a new computer with it on it, and that'll be the end of that.
Probably not by the way MS have moved onto Windows 7. They've given up trying to sell Vista to the XP die hards. lol

So long as Windows 7 doesn't change too much from where it is now (as in very lightweight kernel) then I'll be happy.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Probably not by the way MS have moved onto Windows 7. They've given up trying to sell Vista to the XP die hards. lol

So long as Windows 7 doesn't change too much from where it is now (as in very lightweight kernel) then I'll be happy.

I wasn't aware MinWin wasn't a part of Vista. ;)

Seth

MD Party Room

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
had vista on my brothers lappy and i was not happy with it at all. so i got rid of it and installed xp and am getting much better performance out of a laptop that more than met the recomended requirements

ilyace

had vista on my brothers lappy and i was not happy with it at all. so i got rid of it and installed xp and am getting much better performance out of a laptop that more than met the recomended requirements

And this was before SP1?

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I wasn't aware MinWin wasn't a part of Vista. ;)

it isn't fully is it? minwin wasn't really developed into the minimal kernel until late into server 2008, and not fully until win7

correct me if im wrong.

EvilSeph

Administrator
it isn't fully is it? minwin wasn't really developed into the minimal kernel until late into server 2008, and not fully until win7

correct me if im wrong.

MinWin is present in every NT release to date. It is more of an effort than a tangible object.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
MinWin is present in every NT release to date. It is more of an effort than a tangible object.
every NT? thought it started at Vista, and NT started with win 2k iirc

Bran

Yell
I have vista on my laptop now but I modded the hell out of it and it pretty much acts like XP with vistas resource management. So it's pretty cool actually. Explorer is pretty zippy this way.

I also made it the MCE skin from XP which I love.

Seth

MD Party Room
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MinWin is a term used informally by Microsoft to describe the kernel and operating system components that form the basis of releases of Microsoft Windows starting with Windows Vista. The term was first used in 2003 to describe approximately 95% of the common components of the operating system, but has over time come to refer to a significantly smaller portion thereof. Its most recent and most well-known variation as a minimalistic, self-contained set of Windows components is slated to ship as part of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

Releases

While Microsoft has stated that MinWin will not be released as a stand-alone product, the various iterations of MinWin have shipped in every Windows operating system release since Windows Vista.

I never heard of MinWin before today...Now I understand you post lol..