• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Warning to people buying Smash Bros: DRE Problem

shadowforte

I am copying this off of a post on the Smash Bros Brawl forums on Gamefaqs. Go there for more info. I will find out if this is my case later today.

RETURNS ALERT FOR SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL

There is a potential that a very small percentage of customers who bought the new Super Smash Bros. Brawl game will attempt to return it believing it is defective.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!

Getting a new game will NOT fix the problem. as it is likely an issue with the Wii console itself.

Please contact Nintendo at support.nintendo.com or call 1-800-255-3700.

Nintendo will be able to take care of any problems you may experience with the game and system.

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Will I have to send in my console to fix the problem?

A: Yes, both the game and the console need to be sent in for repair.

Q: How long will this take?

A: Nintendo is upgrading inbound and outbound shipping to reduce the overall repair time to approximately one week. There is NO cost to the consumer for the repair OR freight.

Q: Why do other games work and not SSBB?

A: SSBB utilizes a double-layer disc which has a large memory capacity. If there is some contamination on the lens of the console disc drive, it may have trouble consistently reading data off this large capacity disc. (no one should attempt to clean the lens themselves)

-----

Gwapingn8

but you know... if you were one of the many people who had some few troubles loading games even on your first day of usage... then definitely have a problem with lens...

call Nintendo, they can point you out to a place locally that they have contract with and it well get done quicker... i had mine down a while back.... so this problem is not a problem anymore.