• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

We're at E3 2010!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well I just arrived in LA today and will be spending Tuesday and Wednesday at E3 on the show floor browsing around (no appointments to see any games, so I'm winging it...). It's going to be packed from what I've already seen of people walking around downtown LA (a lot with their E3 "badges" around their necks already).

Here's two shots of the expo center (boy is it huge, I couldn't get a good image of the "entire" expo but I tried to get the main two areas. EDIT: My new camera has an awesome Panorama function so I'll try that. The main problem however is that there are a ton of trees and light posts in the way of getting a good continual image.

4698098749_b90cfec3c9_b.jpg

4698101601_c4f7b1f4ab_b.jpg

I wasn't very lucky though as I didn't receive any invites to the media/press briefings even after I reached out so I won't be able to cover those. I'll have to watch them on TV (wait...nope, no Spike TV in my hotel room) or watch it on my laptop via GameTrailers with my awesome connection...of 1megabit/second (I'm using my phone right now for a better connection)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's nice to see this site covering things.

Hey..we try ;) With the merge coming up soon (we were hoping to have it done before E3, but doesn't look like that is happening) and with my work schedule a mess I've been doing my best to keep up on the news.

Some news already coming out of E3:

Microsoft just announced the name for Natal: Microsoft Kinect with several titles already being announced for it. that's all we got now since the current event that is going on will be shown later on this week on Spike TV I believe.

Bran

Yell
I enjoy having friends who are journalists, they just send me pictures and texts about things they see at expo's so I don't even need to check the net.

Obviously if you guys cover things here on the forums that's pretty awesome too.

I'm pretty sure one of my friends was invited to a few of the events so I'll let you guys know if she tips me off with anything cool.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'll be trying to take as much video as possible while on the show floor but I can't shoot and play at the same time so I won't be able to get all the footage I may want but I do plan on getting plenty of footage and shots to share (I'm a sucker for videos, not so much plain pictures).

EDIT: Also I'll be meeting up with x3sphere tomorrow morning! He'll definitely have more coverage than me, including some hands-on time with FFXIV (believe it's hands-on) and some other cool appointments that he has booked.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yep, I'll have hands-on with FFXIV come Thursday. Also have appointments for RB3, The Grinder, Portal 2, and various XSEED titles.

I'll be at most of the conferences (Activision, Sony, Nintendo, and Ubisoft). My phone doesn't support tethering so live blogging will probably be a no-go but I'll take lots of pics at the very least.

Oh and that Kevin Butler banner on the front of the convention center is awesome :D

Anyway, heading off to sleep now. Got an early flight (6:20 am).

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Awesome, guys! I'll be glued to what you guys can reveal :D

Spiros

Maiki
Super jealous, I wish I could tag along! Is this the first time MfM has gone to E3?

Anyway, enjoy it you guys, and keep us updated whenever possible, can't wait to hear more on what E3 is like on a more personal level as well.

Riorio99

I so want to go to E3 one year, but I'll never have enough money. Maybe in a few years once I've finished Uni.

For the next few years I'll just live stream it and let it ruin my exam revision.

Dan

Contributor
It's a shame we never got to do that big E3 trip that randomly stopped in working progress.

There's always next year.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yes, this is the first time MFM has gone to E3 but is the second time x3sphere has.

I'm a bit dissapointed with Sony though. I went to their Playstation Blog Meetup, got there about 2 hours early and didn't even get a chance to see Hideo Kojima because they took their sweet ass time letting people into the small venue (it was crammed/packed, could hardly move)

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah I am watching it on Spike TV right now. The helicopter scene in Black Ops looks pretty fun.

Dan

Contributor
Thanks Ipaq, just saw the Black Ops gameplay footage and it looks pretty good. Same goes for Metal Gear.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Gears of War 3 demo looked fun as hell!
New locust lambent looked awesome. Sucks that we gotta wait til next year for the game to come out.
Cliffy B. said they are going to show off a new game mode called "Beast".

Spiros

Maiki
Thanks FrozenIpaq, started watching just after Black Ops gameplay, MGS Rising looks sweet, love the freedom of motion you get with the sword, looks amazing.

Also, Gears 3 looks really good, four player co-op sounds sweet but I'm not sure you'll get the same experience if you have to split the screen 4 ways. I've played plenty of games with 4-player splitscreen, but never when following a story. Looked amazing though.

Also "Beast" mode sounds like it might be just another difficulty level.

Halo: Reach looks nice, but I never actually got into the series so I'm not really bothered about it.

Also, does anyone know when this ends?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Omg ESPN on xbox360?

Yup, xbox is my favorite console by far. Sports and games are the things I love and now they are on my xbox, amazing!

I think this is suppose to end in like 40mins.