• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What rock songs rock so much you get goosebumps?

Restelle

Banned - Spammer
Hi there,
I'd have to say either Slipknot's Before I Forget or Linkin Park's Live in Texas rendition of Point of Authority. Both these songs guitar riffs are so heavy at the end and I just love them. Anyone know any other rock songs which give you goosebumps?

linkin park.jpg

Riorio99

Evile's Infected Nation and Metallica's Fight Fire With Fire are the first two that come to mind. Nice slow opening, but you instantly know what you're in for. It's just the anticipation of waiting for the big heavy riff to kick in so you can go insane and mosh.

Also, Thrasher by Evile. It's just the ultimate song for hitting a proper metal show. Listen to it and/or read the lyrics to know what I'm getting at.

Spiros

Maiki
Off the top of my head:

When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin, the harmonica intro is just amazing. There are loads of Zeppelin songs that give me goosebumps, but I'll leave it at that.
Journey - Seperate Ways, from their Live Hits album, it's live from tokyo, heavy as hell, way better than the studio version.
Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden, from one of their live albums, not sure which one.

I love that song!
Without being too rude, what is wrong with you guys? Screamo, really?

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Off the top of my head:

When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin, the harmonica intro is just amazing. There are loads of Zeppelin songs that give me goosebumps, but I'll leave it at that.
Journey - Seperate Ways, from their Live Hits album, it's live from tokyo, heavy as hell, way better than the studio version.
Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden, from one of their live albums, not sure which one.

Im pretty sure without a reasonable doubt that my link was not screamo. In fact, I know it isnt. Because screamo implies singing love. HORSE sings about dinosaurs and death.

eldiablov

Contributor
[video=youtube;uTuzVZsKAhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTuzVZsKAhY[/video]

I went on holiday and listened to this on repeat way too many times while walking through scenery like this:
caldera_de_taburiente_la_palma_1897_400_400_1.jpg

I eventually got to the top and saw shit like this:
5163957.jpg

It really was an amazing experience.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Off the top of my head:

BTBAM =\= Screamo, they are progressive metal (Or progressive metalcore)

LocutusEstBorg

I only got goosebumps the first time I head Pink Floyd's albums beginning to end gaplessly. The music and their creativity was just so overwhelming.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
BTBAM =\= Screamo, they are progressive metal (Or progressive metalcore)

Don't let him bother you, he probably thinks anything with scream vocals + guitar automatically is screamo (despite it not being an actual genre).

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Don't let him bother you, he probably thinks anything with scream vocals + guitar automatically is screamo (despite it not being an actual genre).

Can't really blame him. There are some many unneeded genres made up all the time, It's easy to become confused.

angelsniper45

cmon really guys? get a sense of music. this is where you get chiillllllllllllllllllls :w00t:

[video=youtube;s83sgDVvNjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83sgDVvNjQ[/video]

androidkaita

Drop The Gun

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
BTBAM has progressed so much in such a short period of time it's unbelievable. For someone to call them screamo hasn't heard shit.

Also, Cries of the Past by Underoath
[video=youtube;GEeCINeZ1zM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeCINeZ1zM[/video]

It's about Dallas falling asleep at the wheel and killing his fianc

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart

Just like Electronic and Techno and Metal and Pop arent really genres?

Anything is any genre as long as 1 person defines it as such.