• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What upcoming games are you getting?

Damnlag

There's a bunch of new games coming out in the next few weeks, are you getting any of them?

I'm looking forward to Halo: The Complete Collection, Advanced Warfare and GTA 5 for Xbox One.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sunset Overdrive and the Halo collection, those two games pretty much were my sole reason for picking up an Xbox One recently.

Might also get Far Cry 4.

Moose

Meta Moose
I'll also be buying the Halo Collection. My Xbox One will otherwise remain a glorified set top box.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm getting Bloodborne, just started preloading it now. Been a huge fan of the Souls series.

PhoenixFG

I'm getting Bloodborne, just started preloading it now. Been a huge fan of the Souls series.

What is Bloodborne about? Every time I ask someone they start talking about Dark Souls even the articles I've looked at. It looks like the type of game I'd watch someone play.
The next game I'm getting is Witcher 3!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think Bloodbourne isn't connected to the Souls games so I'm kind of in the dark regarding the story, but the gameplay looks very similar. It's an action RPG, you can pick from different character classes at the start similar to Diablo. Main draw for me is the difficulty, at least in Dark Souls you would die so many times that the game forces you to change up your play style and try new things. The game wasn't overly linear either, lots of different paths you can take yet it still felt structured at the same time.

Bloodborne looks to be more of the same so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to The Witcher 3 too!

Gamer Steve

Blood born looks great I kno lately there making lots of games with that dark souls feeling like Lord's of the fallen was like the dark series I heard. Regardless enjoy it when you finally play and inform how it is please

PhoenixFG

I think Bloodbourne isn't connected to the Souls games so I'm kind of in the dark regarding the story, but the gameplay looks very similar. It's an action RPG, you can pick from different character classes at the start similar to Diablo. Main draw for me is the difficulty, at least in Dark Souls you would die so many times that the game forces you to change up your play style and try new things. The game wasn't overly linear either, lots of different paths you can take yet it still felt structured at the same time.

Bloodborne looks to be more of the same so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to The Witcher 3 too!

I've never played a Souls game before but I've heard about the frustration level! LOL! I didn't know you could pick different classes. That's interesting! Hmmmm...like @SLCR said let us know how it is! Do you do any streaming? Be interested to watch someone play who's into the series.

Gamer Steve

I've never played a Souls game before but I've heard about the frustration level! LOL! I didn't know you could pick different classes. That's interesting! Hmmmm...like @SLCR said let us know how it is! Do you do any streaming? Be interested to watch someone play who's into the series.
I own the first 2 soul games only played the first one and he's they are tough. But they have many class choice so it keeps the game interesting and challenging

PhoenixFG

I own the first 2 soul games only played the first one and he's they are tough. But they have many class choice so it keeps the game interesting and challenging

I think I remember reading something about Dark Souls being ported? Maybe I'll look into that...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I played for about an hour and the difficulty feels right on point, already racked up eight deaths :p I think my skills are rusty though, haha. Combat is a lot more fluid and I'm digging all the attention to detail. The atmosphere is just incredible - it's definitely one of the most polished games I've played this gen. It's a must buy if you liked the Souls games I'd say, glad to see it getting very positive reviews.

Never have streamed before but maybe I'll do it sometime.

PhoenixFG

@x3sphere Ahahaha! Someone I follow on Twitter said pretty much the same thing! I asked about frustration level and he said about a 7/8.:eek: But he also mentioned character customization...something that I didn't know about. I thought everyone had the same generic character.

If you do please let us know. I don't watch a lot of streaming but I'm on the fence about this game.

Gamer Steve

I played for about an hour and the difficulty feels right on point, already racked up eight deaths :p I think my skills are rusty though, haha. Combat is a lot more fluid and I'm digging all the attention to detail. The atmosphere is just incredible - it's definitely one of the most polished games I've played this gen. It's a must buy if you liked the Souls games I'd say, glad to see it getting very positive reviews.

Never have streamed before but maybe I'll do it sometime.
the setting to this game looks great and def. interesting

Gamer Steve

As of right now I have 2 games pre-ordered for May. Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and the Witcher 3.
i have always wanted to get into the witcher series but i think i read somewhere that part one was only on pc or something? anyway maybe i should pick up part 2

SihayatheFremen

i have always wanted to get into the witcher series but i think i read somewhere that part one was only on pc or something? anyway maybe i should pick up part 2

Part 1 was indeed PC only, but, while its nice to know some of the background lore, it doesn't have much bearing on Witcher 2. I will say that the controls for The Witcher were a bit of a nightmare. I'm kinda new to PC gaming and I felt like I needed extra hands to be able to play it well.

You should definitely pick up Witcher 2, Geralt is such an interesting character and the games are rather dark and gritty and just...different from the usual stuff you see out there. Also, the books, if you decide to get into the Witcher I recommend the novels as well. Great reads.