• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What's a good, 4 player split screen racing game?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Hey,
I've recently realised that I have no 4 player split screen racing games for my 360... Does anyone know of any good, fun ones that they would recommend? I loved playing games like Crash Team Racing and Burnout, but Burnout Paradise doesn't support split screen... I'm not looking for some uber serious game like Forza, just a fun one you can just go on anytime.
Thanks.

(400th post, w00t :p)

Spiros

Maiki
hey,

im not too much into racing games lately, except i still go back and play mario kart on the n64 with my girlfriend. i do know sega just came out with a mario kart-style game for the 360 called "Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing", it looks pretty good, got a score of 8 out of 10 from gamespot. that might be worth taking a look at. im pretty sure it must have 4 player split screen, i dont see why it wouldnt.

El Diablo

Wait for that Blurr game (assuming it has 4 player split screen). Game looks sick.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Wait for that Blurr game (assuming it has 4 player split screen). Game looks sick.

That was going to be my suggestion. Blur will support split-screen up to four players and is one of the only ones to do so on the 360 (I don't know of any other racing games that offer 4 player split)

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Listen to the others and Wait for Blur. I've searched for splitscreen racing games on the 360 and the only one that does it well it Forza 2/3. Since you're not looking for a simulator (I don't blame you, Forza drives me nuts), you'll have to wait. The other alternative is getting your hands on Burnout Paradise and downloading the Party Pack DLC. It adds a turn based mode where you pass the controller around with up to 8 players. The problem is that it's just tacked on and a general waste of money.

In simple, wait for blur.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Listen to the others and Wait for Blur. I've searched for splitscreen racing games on the 360 and the only one that does it well it Forza 2/3. Since you're not looking for a simulator (I don't blame you, Forza drives me nuts), you'll have to wait. The other alternative is getting your hands on Burnout Paradise and downloading the Party Pack DLC. It adds a turn based mode where you pass the controller around with up to 8 players. The problem is that it's just tacked on and a general waste of money.

In simple, wait for blur.

Yeah, I really wish Burnout Paradise had split screen :/

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I've been playing Sonic & Sega Allstar racing, and although its not as good as Mario Kart, it has enough recognizable characters and still pretty fun. It has 4-player splitscreen

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Yeah, I really wish Burnout Paradise had split screen :/

If I remember correctly the problem was mainly due to the fact that since the game itself allowed for the player to take any possible route to get to the destination. The 360 doesn't have the power to load the two extremes of the map at the same time.

I know this is irrelevant to what I just said but "Burnout 7" is rumored to be in pre-production stages.