• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Whats up with Hentai games on Steam?

Mila Marie Rose

It's because Steam now has a policy that anything is allowed to be sold that is not illegal. They are cheap and give lots of achievements. I usually buy them as a novelty.

Retodon8

I never saw anything like that before, but a while ago while clicking through Steam menus I noticed an option to allow for adult content. Well, I'm an adult, so I don't need stuff hidden from me. After that: yes, I suddenly saw lots of erotic puzzle games and dating sims and stuff like that being advertised. I guess maybe those games are relatively cheap to make and/or easy to sell.

Gamer Steve

I never saw anything like that before, but a while ago while clicking through Steam menus I noticed an option to allow for adult content. Well, I'm an adult, so I don't need stuff hidden from me. After that: yes, I suddenly saw lots of erotic puzzle games and dating sims and stuff like that being advertised. I guess maybe those games are relatively cheap to make and/or easy to sell.
The fan service sells...😜