• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Where are you from?

Tommi

Adiuvo

It's been steadily 30 degrees in here around 7:00 AM. Windshields keep on getting iced over.

Slasher

Suck It
It snows here in the winter, and its nice and warm in the summer. Having snow around this time of year is normal, in fact we got some last night that I had to shovel this morning.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
It's been steadily 30 degrees in here around 7:00 AM. Windshields keep on getting iced over.

Lucky.
It's steadily below 0 Fahrenheit all day.

The shitty part is that I'm on crutches (due to ankle surgery) and my mom works nightshift, so by the time I go out to my car in the morning, she hasn't come home. My steps are right by the road, going down.
When snow plows go by, it creates a ramp on my steps.
The part about my mom not coming home from work is to emphasize that I have to walk through snow, up icy steps, with crutches. Lol.
My luck in unbelievable.
I can't wait until I can actually shovel myself, instead of my mom or neighbor doing it.

Oh, btw, I live in Northern New York.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
You're right.
This week isn't so bad, I guess.
It just feels really cold.
But Saturday, on my way to take my ACTs, it was -14 F.

Slasher

Suck It
Well considering -14 fahrenheit is the equivalent of -25.5 celsius, and taking into account the temperature where I'm at (which is further North than you) is nowhere near that, I highly doubt it was at that low of a temperature. It's not unusual for temps to get that low in the dead of winter, but it's nowhere near that time just yet...

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
about 20F here all day, which was fun, my jeep and i were one of the few that got around with no problem. this is the first time its snowed here in almost a decade so nobody was equipped for it, but I had 4WD and good off-road tires so I had it made.

Joey

It's snowing in LA... IT'S SNOWING IN L FREAKING A...

It's also snowing in Las Vegas, a town known for averaging 115 degrees in the summer.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
Well considering -14 fahrenheit is the equivalent of -25.5 celsius, and taking into account the temperature where I'm at (which is further North than you) is nowhere near that, I highly doubt it was at that low of a temperature. It's not unusual for temps to get that low in the dead of winter, but it's nowhere near that time just yet...

According my my Jeep's thermometer, also at 7 in the morning, it was -14.

But that's still ridiculous.
It also may be colder because I love in a mountain range.
But nonetheless, we can all agree it's fucking cold.

Slasher

Suck It
It's funny that people are freaking out in Las Vegas when only 5 inches were dropped on it. Schools get cancelled, flights are delayed, everything is chaotic... lol.
That's virtually nothing compared to here. If 5 inches are dropped, we all shovel our driveways, plow the roads, and everything is just like normal. 5 inches would never get a school closed.

Bump: There's been at least a foot of snow dropped so far this morning, and the blizzard is still going strong. Is anyone else experiencing this storm right now in the eastern North American area?

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
It's funny that people are freaking out in Las Vegas when only 5 inches were dropped on it. Schools get cancelled, flights are delayed, everything is chaotic... lol.

In Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia:

10cm = Good chance of no school
15cm = almost guaranteed no school

Due to the fact that lots of students live on the mountain, school gets canceled really easy because the mountains are never cleared in time. I think we had about 9 - 10 days off last year.

Seth

MD Party Room
im driving to Michigan friday, im gonna freeeeeeeeeeze

It Snowing ATM too..Tho I dont feel cold and all I wear is a light hoodie...

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
That's virtually nothing compared to here. If 5 inches are dropped, we all shovel our driveways, plow the roads, and everything is just like normal. 5 inches would never get a school closed.

Bump: There's been at least a foot of snow dropped so far this morning, and the blizzard is still going strong. Is anyone else experiencing this storm right now in the eastern North American area?

We've been getting the storm almost all day.
Just came home, and froze my ass off on my way to, in, and from my car.
I thought my hands were about to fall off.
We must have gotten at least a foot of snow today, the roads are shit, and I have two bald tires.
To be honest, IDK how I made it home without me crashing into somebody or vise-versa.

WonderlustKing

Vanilla Sex
I'm from arkansas. It really hate it here although most of arkansas isn't as backwoods as people think. There are still a lot of damn rednecks though