• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Where to get iPod Touch repair parts?

Noriyuke

Ok, my question hopefully is simple to answer, google hasn't been giving me shit for help lately.

I need to find a place that sells I pod touch repair parts. Now mind you, i might not need this at all, someone should be calling me tomorow in the afternoon about selling me a damaged one. The Screen is cracked, not the LCD but the plastic, which I'm guessing renders touch non functional. As well as the backlight is damaged. The kid also says that it says, Ipod Disabled, plug into Itunes. Or some shit like that. Now im hoping that its got the warranty, but if not, then im going to have to repair it myself. Anyone know of anywhere to go?

I'm sure some are asking, why hasn't the kid done the warranty thing himself?

My guess? They don't know about it. or it could be the simple fact that the warranty is not functional anymore.

Its a 16GB BTW

_Syn

Theres no point in reparing a Touch that has been damaged that badly. I mean, it may not be that hard, but it'll be better if I just get a 2G iPod Touch instead.

Seth

MD Party Room
Noriyuke said:
Ok, my question hopefully is simple to answer, google hasn't been giving me shit for help lately.

I need to find a place that sells I pod touch repair parts. Now mind you, i might not need this at all, someone should be calling me tomorow in the afternoon about selling me a damaged one. The Screen is cracked, not the LCD but the plastic, which I'm guessing renders touch non functional. As well as the backlight is damaged. The kid also says that it says, Ipod Disabled, plug into Itunes. Or some shit like that. Now im hoping that its got the warranty, but if not, then im going to have to repair it myself. Anyone know of anywhere to go?

I'm sure some are asking, why hasn't the kid done the warranty thing himself?

My guess? They don't know about it. or it could be the simple fact that the warranty is not functional anymore.

Its a 16GB BTW
I dont think the warranty will cover that..

and fixing it will not be cheap.

Noriyuke

Ok, the little kid came by today, he couldn't confirm that it would turn on so i refused to pay for it, but he did confirm to me through him alone that although the screen that protects the LCD is cracked, the LCD as well as the Touch Screen Work. So i would mainly just have to replace the plastic protective cover.

But either way, how come noones sent me anyway of buying replacements parts?

Oh, and another thing, we tried with about 20 different Ipod USB cables and charging cables. And the touch would not charge. The kid kept pointing out the battery is seriously dead. But after 15 minutes of plugging it in and out of PC's, Cars, and Wall outlets i gave up. Asking him to charge it up at his house and confirming to me that it worked before i even considered buying it off of him.

Noriyuke

Very cool, it might be able to help me out, and it seems pretty cheeap too. at least cheaper than a few sites.