• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

WHERE'S MEGA DRIVE/SEGA GENESIS ON THE LIST?

Takai_M

Hi! I was trying add some games non-tracked and I didn't found MEGA DRIVE (or SEGA GENESIS) plataform on the list. Anyone cam contact the team to add this on ExoPhase?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-142208_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-142208_Edge.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20220328-142219_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-142219_Edge.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 68

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Should be listed under just "Genesis"

Probably should change to Sega Genesis though, to stay consistent with the others.

Agravaile

I've been thinking a about the platform titles for the Retro section, and, just a suggestion, but maybe it would be better if the platforms would be named with their full titles just like RetroArch and Retroachievements does, for example:

PS1 to be Sony - PlayStation instead
NES to be Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System
GB
to be Nintendo - Game Boy instead
N64
to be Nintendo - Nintendo 64
Master System
to be Sega - Master System
Genesis
to be Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis
And so on...

The idea is for the platforms to be named as they are handled by default for RetroArch and Retroachivements which would avoid confusion, even though some would lose consistency like there being PS3, PS4 and PS5, but also Sony - PlayStation from Retro section. But at the same time, they would be true to how the RA service handles them.

Playlists.png

Just a quick suggestion though, i personally think there's pros and cons in both ways of handling this matter.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I've been thinking a about the platform titles for the Retro section, and, just a suggestion, but maybe it would be better if the platforms would be named with their full titles just like RetroArch and Retroachievements does, for example:

PS1 to be Sony - PlayStation instead
NES to be Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System
GB
to be Nintendo - Game Boy instead
N64
to be Nintendo - Nintendo 64
Master System
to be Sega - Master System
Genesis
to be Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis
And so on...

The idea is for the platforms to be named as they are handled by default for RetroArch and Retroachivements which would avoid confusion, even though some would lose consistency like there being PS3, PS4 and PS5, but also Sony - PlayStation from Retro section. But at the same time, they would be true to how the RA service handles them.

View attachment 11879

Just a quick suggestion though, i personally think there's pros and cons in both ways of handling this matter.
I have to be honest, I don't see any advantage to doing that. They're only named that way in Retroarch for sorting and grouping purposes, and you can change how they're displayed in the setting to shorten them and change how they're grouped/ordered to your liking.

The platform tags here are supposed to be fairly short and tidy.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I tend to agree. Switching to longer names will make the badges super wide compared to other services. We're using the same abbreviations from RA anyways, except in a few cases where we edited to show the full name instead (like GCN -> GameCube).