• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Which are the 3 support characters in games that only cause trouble?

Survival Horror

In a different thread I honored my favorite secondary characters. Now it’s time to call out the weakest links, the ones I wanted, as a lead character, to kill or feed to the enemies hahaha. The 3 worst support characters I’ve seen in games I’ve played and I couldn’t forget are as follows:

Yorda(ICO)

yorda.jpg

Bring me gun now hahaha to get revenge for everything she put me through. Yorda, the character that Ico frees from the cage in the game’s start (I wish he didn’t) is a constant bother. Exactly as I put it. In every moment of the game you must protect her, because winged black creatures abduct her and of course if you’re late it’s “game over”. You must grab her by the hand many times and others she’s painfully slow to follow your commands. The help she offers is at a bare minimum compared to the problems she creates.

Ashley Graham(Resident Evil 4)
ashley11.jpeg

What if she’s the main objective, or the president’s daughter…We’re talking about a very irritating presence near Leon, capable of annoying him in every given chance. She can’t fend for herself, she gets abducted or falls into traps, putting you in danger. Her help is miniscule, her needs are too much, and sadly piss you off to no end. If I could I would have sent her as gift to Saddler.

Joseph Oda(The Evil Within)
joseph oda.jpeg

Comparatively very recent, the last one of the question, with the worst thing about him being that he carries a gun! A revolver, a sniper rifle, both offering minimal help. You have to be praying for him to start up and start shooting normally, or god forbid he helps you with basic, essential stuff. Many times he keeps his back turned during major events right next to him, making the hardest level even harder as he constantly needs to be helped. (Pressing a button while next to him to heal him) To make matters worse, he dies, you lose.

Gamer Steve

Dragon age origins I would say Sten. Sten is very cool and interesting character but he is the weakest team member. He has horrible defense constantly dying during battles even if you suit him up with the best armor he is constantly dropping.

Soul calibur 5 pyrrha. She annoys me a lot her personality is so blah that I rather not playing as her. When she fights she whines the entire time and acts so scared of her opponent even when she is winning. Not thank u I rather pick another character to play with.

Pokemon magicarp do I have to say anymore he is very annoying can't do anything but splash. Though eventually he becomes a killing mission I can't train him to that point I rather just go catch a garados instead.

Survival Horror

Dragon age origins I would say Sten. Sten is very cool and interesting character but he is the weakest team member. He has horrible defense constantly dying during battles even if you suit him up with the best armor he is constantly dropping.

Soul calibur 5 pyrrha. She annoys me a lot her personality is so blah that I rather not playing as her. When she fights she whines the entire time and acts so scared of her opponent even when she is winning. Not thank u I rather pick another character to play with.

Pokemon magicarp do I have to say anymore he is very annoying can't do anything but splash. Though eventually he becomes a killing mission I can't train him to that point I rather just go catch a garados instead.
I hate Sten for one and only reason :D so I choose from the other available characters .

SihayatheFremen

Any and all children in jrpgs... those annoying twins in ff4. The obnoxious brother and sister in Lost Odyssey... so much hate for those little brats.

Trip in Enslaved. I quit the game after about an hour because I wanted to throttle her.

Tali in Mass Effect...oh don't even get me started on Tali. She soured the entire series for me. Actually, I dislike all the Quarians bit her especially...
Honorable mentions go to Miranda and Liara. could not stand them.

Gamer Steve

Any and all children in jrpgs... those annoying twins in ff4. The obnoxious brother and sister in Lost Odyssey... so much hate for those little brats.

Trip in Enslaved. I quit the game after about an hour because I wanted to throttle her.

Tali in Mass Effect...oh don't even get me started on Tali. She soured the entire series for me. Actually, I dislike all the Quarians bit her especially...
I so agree on trip I was gonna say her as well

chunji

Agreed on Ashley. So. Damn. Much. She accidentally died a few times. :/

Fatal Frame 2: Mayu. I mean. Sighs. I know she's your twin and what not but like..... every time I replay I look forward to her running off. It's easier to get stuff done when she's not around. Which sounds terrible but you know...

Typing/House of the Dead: Overkill: Candi. I know her entire character is a joke but good lord she gets on my nerves.

Gamer Steve

u know what funny i read alot of forums on other sites and alot of people say Tali is there fav. mass effect character lol. i Personally liked thane and of course garrius

SihayatheFremen

u know what funny i read alot of forums on other sites and alot of people say Tali is there fav. mass effect character lol. i Personally liked thane and of course garrius

Yeah I know most people absolutely love Tali and Liara but I just found them irritating.
Liara is too bubble gum and Tali...I could write an essay on the many many reasons she is awful and irritating.