• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Which chip would I need?

Proxin

Hello, a friend of mine has a PSP Phat that broke a while back...
The memory stick will go into the memory slot, but will not read.

This problem is consistent with all memory sticks we've tried.

The problem started when one memory stick he put in wouldn't go in the whole way, so he basically jammed a knife in there and poked around for a bit. Now when a memory stick is put in, the orange light will go on and off in 1/2-second intervals until you remove the memory stick or turn off the PSP.

What part would I need to find to replace this manually? And where would you advise I get this part for as inexpensive as possible?

Thanks in advance.

Cryox

Bro.
i would saw that you should just get a new PSP
he probably cut some things up.

btw, have you opened up the PSP to see what is wrong yet?

good luck, and I'd say check eBay for broken PSP's, buy the cheapest and best condition one, crack it open and swap out what you need

good luck,
~tbb15

Adiuvo

You would probably need this only, unless he messed up the WIFI board. By orange light, you mean the memory stick one only right, or is it the charging light too?

Cryox

Bro.
i would have never thought they would sell them individually like that... and if they did, for only 5 dollars...

EDIT:
50th post

Adiuvo

Divineo has alot of single parts for most systems. Their selection improved quite a bit since I've last been there as well.

Proxin

You would probably need this only, unless he messed up the WIFI board. By orange light, you mean the memory stick one only right, or is it the charging light too?

That is correct, only the memory stick one.
Thanks for the link, I thought for sure it would be the whole board too :eek:

oh2d

I wonder how hard it would be to physically replace that...I would imagine kinda hard if you have to remove the old one and solder this one to the board.

Adiuvo

It is pretty hard to replace without breaking the other board. It's always easier to replace thing whole thing, but more expensive too. Things like burning a hole through the board (I've done that twice) or making a bad connection are the two things that I'm most worried about when I solder on the PSP.

Sullivan

Ehh wait did you order this?... I have a fairly new Memory stick socket/wifi piece. I striped it from an old broken PSP from a friend. I can ship it to you if you pay shipping. It really isn't that hard to replace, I have fixed many PSP's be it the analog, DPAD, LCD, etc.

Picture:

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

Proxin

I haven't ordered anything yet, that sounds great though Sullivan!
How much would it be for shipping, the house it will go to (probably straight to my friend's) is in Southern California.
Will we able to pay for shipping in cash...?

Sullivan

I guess you can, you will have to send the money and then I will ship it. I am not exactly sure how much shipping will be, maybe 3 dollars max, I will ship via USPS. You will have to make sure you sort out the Mac Address factor, I am not exactly sure how it will work. The mac address and such is locked to the PSP, ask Adiuvo for more info on that.

Proxin

I'm going to talk to him a little more about it, but I'm still interested so I'll get back to you pretty soon.

Proxin

He said he ordered it online at the site mentioned above... so I guess he doesn't need that part. He's missing some screws, though... do you know where we would be able to find a source for those?

Proxin

Umm, here are all my parts, lol:

[qimg]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh262/truedef/DSC00751.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh262/truedef/DSC00752.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh262/truedef/DSC00753.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh262/truedef/DSC00755.jpg[/qimg]

Sorry about the delayed response.
If you still have the screws, I'll take them if you're still willing to send. I'll PM you for the address if you're up for it :D