• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Which homebrews write in the Flash 0 ?

Fuchz

A few days ago I got a psp 3000 and so I got a few questions around the topic homebrews and flash 0.

I got 5.03 chickHen R2 running on my system and now I`m thinking about installing 5.03 Gen-C via chickHen R2 as shown here http://www.atmaxplorer.com/2009/12/install-psp-custom-firmware-5-03-gen-c-via-chickhen-r2/

In the instruction is written that if I install Gen-C again I must hold the l trigger. Why is that? Since there is said there is a risk of bricking the psp during wrong installation is the installer writing into the flash 0 ? I read a few different theories about holding the l trigger during installation, I'm a little confused if o hold that button or not.:confused1:

And now to the topic. Since there is a good possibility in bricking the psp by writing to the flash 0.
In another Thread is told that you're being acknowledged when a file is flashing. How does that happen? Is it already to late when I'm running a program that flashes?
Does there exist a list of homebrews that don't write into yout flash 0?
Couldn't find one.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hellcat

Contributor
Usually HBs that write to flash0 let you know about it before they do so, so you have a chance to cancel to operation before it beginns.
Also you should read supploed README.TXT files as it's usually stated in those already.

Last not least, a bit of common sense always helps.
A calculator app is unlikely to access f0:, a CFW installer or -enabled however is.

Fuchz

Thanx a lot.
All I want to use are emulators, a videoplayer,a streaming tool (gotube) and an alternative browser.
So I can use my psp as an alternative for my notebook on travels.
In my opinion Sony did a very poor job with the vieoplayer and browser.
So far I couldn't find the infos about flash0 writing in it.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

To be specific, does gotube 1.2 write into the flash0?
Or psplayer mt or the emulators?