• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Which laptop suits me better?

sirfkartik

HP Touchsmart tm2-t (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF05a/321957-321957-3329744-3835813-3835813-4247583.html)

OR

Dell Inspiron 15R, with i5 and Microsoft office Home and Student, 1GB video card and Dell Wireless(http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellst...in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1&model_id=inspiron-15r)

I need it for netsurfing, long-time use (I need to stare at the screen for a long time, reading, practicing and making notes and whatnot) , article writing, reading novels and manga every once in a while, watching an episode of Mentalist or something similar once in a while, and basic gaming, though I like the big games. I don't know if I'll need the extra power that i5 offers or not. I'm basically a student, with a liking for good-visuals games.

Do you think tm2t can handle Crysis 2?:confused1:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The TM2 is an excellent laptop for a student. I've been using the first generation (version) of the TM2 (it's called tx-1000) and I've been using it for just about 4 years now without fail. The form factor is the real winner: it's perfect for taking to classes, perfect to read documents on with the swivel screen + touch, movies should look great on it even with a smaller screen (I use mine to watch TV shows, including The Mentalist on the weekends with no problem).

The Dell Inspiron 15R is only coming out on top in terms of graphics and probably the CPU...but that's only for gaming. The 15" screen size, while still small, is often too big for most students to carry around a lot. My friend had a 15" Inspiron and he basically never took it with him just because of the physical size and weight of it. Sure you can play more games but if you're looking for a laptop for school I highly recommend the TM2.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, I'm also leaning toward the tm2t. Can it handle Crysis 2 at all? I really wanna try that game.

At the lowest setting, with resolution set to 640x480 it'll probably be able to handle it. I'm not sure how well, though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I'm also leaning toward the tm2t. Can it handle Crysis 2 at all? I really wanna try that game.

Probably not..maybe 5-10fps on the lowest setting. Depends on the graphics card, the Intel HD one is integrated graphics and will perform bad on both notebooks while the 1gb AT card on the Dell might be able to get 30fps on Crysis 2 with low settings.