• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Which Of Your Consoles Have You Hacked To Play Pirated Games On?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
cool

I really wish there was a steel/ brushed aluminum case for the ps3. Not only would it be awesome looking, but it wouldn't be scratched easily, and would not be a dust and fingerprint magnet. Although those hori dust filters would probably help with the dust.

It would also be fun to put watercooling in :D (and for those of you that didn't know, the waterblocks actually exist)

[qimg]http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/kit-ps3_p1.jpg[/qimg]

Or you can clean it with turtle wax and then put clear coat on it.

That gets rid of all those problems. (except the water cooling one.)

Im not sure but dont they have casing that you can put over the case for protective purposes. or you can use those skins.

Noriyuke

I don't get affected by this "I need to buy to feel how great the game is" notion. I like it either way.

I also Ditto this, but you know what, this is starting to turn out like a possible PS3 exploit topic now, so lemme see if i can sqeeze something in here...

I've got about 3 working gamecube and 1 broken gamecube, and i was curious, mainly because i cant find a half decent or recent info source on this, anyone have a hacked/modded gamecube, to play pirated games/homebrew? Like i can see one person voted on it, but im curious as to how exactly, me and my little brothers wanna play a few of the games on there, without having to hunt em down, rent them, or buy them for that matter. Its more or less, a "was this any good single/multiplayer?" type deal. Any help would be appreciated.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
I also Ditto this, but you know what, this is starting to turn out like a possible PS3 exploit topic now, so lemme see if i can sqeeze something in here...

I've got about 3 working gamecube and 1 broken gamecube, and i was curious, mainly because i cant find a half decent or recent info source on this, anyone have a hacked/modded gamecube, to play pirated games/homebrew? Like i can see one person voted on it, but im curious as to how exactly, me and my little brothers wanna play a few of the games on there, without having to hunt em down, rent them, or buy them for that matter. Its more or less, a "was this any good single/multiplayer?" type deal. Any help would be appreciated.

i didnt even know it was possible seeing as the disks are to small and the memory cards are really small (in capacity)

I would guess you would need the add on by panasonic that allows dvd's to play on it and then burn them.

Or maybe finding a way to load it from a hdd adapted to connect to it.

eldiablov

Contributor
Just added my wii to the list. Was waiting for a copy of twilight princess to become available for free for an hour or two.

Noriyuke

i didnt even know it was possible seeing as the disks are to small and the memory cards are really small (in capacity)

I would guess you would need the add on by panasonic that allows dvd's to play on it and then burn them.

Or maybe finding a way to load it from a hdd adapted to connect to it.

Eh, im not to sure either, but i have seen a lot of random BS when it comes to the Game Cube, like loading them directly into the Game Cube through some kind of networking system, then there's always the modchip and just burning the games, and even though their small DVD's their just regular 1.8GB DVD's most DVD camcorders use them, not to hard to find.

But i just want some kind of confirmation on the subject, every forum im currently in has 0 information remotely up to date, and i dont mean like someone has to be still playing with this kind of tech, but for christ sakes at least have something posted within the last year.

Adiuvo

This isn't from last year, but it seems as up to date as you're going to get.

There's also a few GC emulators you could try. Seems that Dolphin is the best one.

Noriyuke

Well, thank you for the heads up on that, but im looking for something more benheckish, im going to look around, thanks for the heads up on that though. But the Max Drive thing is to expensive..

Edit: Eh, i said benheckish thinking hes done more than make things portable, what im looking for is a somewhat cheap and reasonably simple way of modding the GC, adding some sort of harddrive that can store the games, and be able to play multiplayer. Thats it.

explosions

Well, thank you for the heads up on that, but im looking for something more benheckish, im going to look around, thanks for the heads up on that though. But the Max Drive thing is to expensive..

Edit: Eh, i said benheckish thinking hes done more than make things portable, what im looking for is a somewhat cheap and reasonably simple way of modding the GC, adding some sort of harddrive that can store the games, and be able to play multiplayer. Thats it.

I don't exactly remember.... but I think there was a Phantasy Star Online exploit that allowed you to load games over your network from your computer.

The name of the loader i used is Cubesoft Phoenix v2.50

chrono6456

I've hacked my PS3, swap switch method. Quite a rare hack really since its completely mechanical.

Unfortunately, though, after several months of not using my ps3, somehow my disk drive managed to completely go screw itself up and doesnt work for so many different reasons. I've been too lazy/too scared to try and fix it since I may actually be unable to fix it at all. *sigh*

Riorio99

Only the handhelds are set to pirate at the moment. I have less to lose if one of those goes belly up for some reason.

Noriyuke

Seriously Dude? I mean i think the odds are as much as the PSP's

And those aren't very big...

Iono, maybe i was just lucky and mine only took 20 seconds to add the home brew channel and start pirating.

Cryox

Bro.
I have so far only done it too my PSP, was about to do it to my 360, but didn't want to risk getting banned from Live... and again i almost did it too my xbox (orig) and my sis's DS... but got bored before i did it :p