• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Which PC Games Do You Wish Had Achievements?

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Firstly, a little preamble as to why this is on my mind:
I've been having a blast playing Team Sonic Racing lately (it's at a super low price on Steam so I grabbed it). I've played Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed before, and I'd like to go back and play the first game, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. It's mega cheap on Steam right now too... but of course, it doesn't have Steam achievements.

This happens more often than I'd like and it typically leaves me with two options: enjoy the superior PC version with no achievements, or pick the game up on console (in this case Xbox 360 or PS3) and have a worse experience (720p 30fps) but at least I can earn achievements this way. Whichever option I choose in less than ideal.

Of course sometimes there are PC-only games that just don't have achievements to begin with.
Hopefully one day we'll have manual/user-submitted achievement support on this site so we can cover stuff like this, and Switch games and so on. But until then, this sort of thing remains a pain in the backside.

Anyway, here are some PC games I wish had achievements off the top of my head:

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
(and pretty much all other C&C games)
Street Fighter x Tekken (the GFWL version had achievements but obviously that's dead)
Mirror's Edge
Crash Bandicoot 4
(Battle.net exclusive, no achievements, bleeeh)
Worms Pinball (okay this is super old... but achievements would be neat, hopefully RetroAchievements will do the PS1 version)
Undertale

What PC games do you wish had achievements?

Lancerer

I would love to have achievments in Hearthstone and HOTS and from my old Warcraft III account from Bliizard (I spend there thousand of hours).
Other Games:
- Gothic & Risen series
- GTA 3 TRILOGY
- STALKER series
- Worms Armageddon
- Max Payne 1&2
- Counter-Strike 1.6
- Heroes of Might & Magic 1+2+3(complete)
- old Assassin's Creed games on Uplay

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I would love to have achievments in Hearthstone and HOTS and from my old Warcraft III account from Bliizard (I spend there thousand of hours).
Other Games:
- Gothic & Risen series
- GTA 3 TRILOGY
- STALKER series
- Worms Armageddon
- Max Payne 1&2
- Counter-Strike 1.6
- Heroes of Might & Magic 1+2+3(complete)
- old Assassin's Creed games on Uplay
I would have listed Worms Armageddon but I feel like there are so many Worms games with achievements already, some of them very similar to Armageddon, that it doesn't matter as much. That said it is kind of weird that they went back and actually updated Armageddon on Steam about a year ago but didn't bother adding achievements to it, that would have been a nice touch.

Also, holy crap, I was CONVINCED Games for Windows Live was long dead and you couldn't earn achievements in those PC games anymore, but I was wrong. Some games on Steam still use it and you can still login and earn achievements, just got one in FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage. Maybe I'll pick up Street Fighter x Tekken on PC after all. Mind blown.

Gamer Steve

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire (the mobile versions have achievements). Also Sudeki would be great

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Add the old RollerCoaster Tycoon games to the list.

Can't believe they released RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic on Steam in 2017 without achievements. Damn it.
And to add to my frustration the Android version DOES have achievements! I don't want it on my damn phone it's a PC game. AHHH.