• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Who is your favorite video game villian

SihayatheFremen

i think i had the infernal city the one with the floating island. it wasnt interesting at all...i wanted to read the fable books but i had no clue that there was mass effect books & dragon age books..
If you get the mass effect books. don't bother with the last one. It wasn't written by the same person and it was universally panned. I didn't read it. But the first 3 were amazing. They take place before Mass Effect and deal mostly with Anderson.
The Dragon Age ones take place before Origins as well, they are about Maric.

Gamer Steve

If you get the mass effect books. don't bother with the last one. It wasn't written by the same person and it was universally panned. I didn't read it. But the first 3 were amazing. They take place before Mass Effect and deal mostly with Anderson.
The Dragon Age ones take place before Origins as well, they are about Maric.
that sound pretty badass anderson was one of my fav.characters so to see his adventures is pretty cool. And i wouldnt mind learning what happens before origins too

chunji

Do you like Assassin's Creed? The novel Forsaken was good because it followed Haytham rather than the game itself. I read Renaissance but it bored me because I've played AC2 a billion times through. ....but Forsaken was good.

Gamer Steve

Do you like Assassin's Creed? The novel Forsaken was good because it followed Haytham rather than the game itself. I read Renaissance but it bored me because I've played AC2 a billion times through. ....but Forsaken was good.
Assassin creed has interested me though i only played the first one 0_0 i know im missing out on alot but i own 2, 3, backflag and i think another one

SihayatheFremen

I've actually read all the AC books til Black Flag which I've bought and not read, same with Unity. I haven't been able to get past AC2 as far as the game go even though I own every single AC game except Unity. but I read the novels and really liked them. I love that the books don't have all the stupid modern day Desmond stuff.

Also, Haytham is definitely my AC crush after Ezio.

chunji

I've actually read all the AC books til Black Flag which I've bought and not read, same with Unity. I haven't been able to get past AC2 as far as the game go even though I own every single AC game except Unity. but I read the novels and really liked them. I love that the books don't have all the stupid modern day Desmond stuff.

Also, Haytham is definitely my AC crush after Ezio.

Same on liking them not having the Desmond stuff lol. The past stuff is much more interesting. I need to read the rest of the books, i have them all up to Black Flag. I might end up buying and reading Unity before I ever get a chance to play the game.

SihayatheFremen

Same on liking them not having the Desmond stuff lol. The past stuff is much more interesting. I need to read the rest of the books, i have them all up to Black Flag. I might end up buying and reading Unity before I ever get a chance to play the game.

Double edged sword, reading the books. On one hand, I love the lack of modern day stuff, on the other, i feel much less pressure to actually finish the games because I know whats going to happen. Of all the AC games the only one I finished was Liberation on the Vita, but I have them all..actually I have the CE to Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and Black Flag. All that money spent on games I haven't touched.

Gamer Steve

Double edged sword, reading the books. On one hand, I love the lack of modern day stuff, on the other, i feel much less pressure to actually finish the games because I know whats going to happen. Of all the AC games the only one I finished was Liberation on the Vita, but I have them all..actually I have the CE to Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and Black Flag. All that money spent on games I haven't touched.
im the same way i have 100s of games that i have not touch as well its the never ending backlog

Dosto28

Vass Montenegro. Great character and so fucked up, shame he appears too little in the game
General RAAM from Gears of War cause he was a pain in the ass on insane, Fight him for the first time was a whole odyssey back then.
And GlaDos from Portal 2 cause... you know.. potatoes!!!

Last edited:

BrakoV25

Probably the Joker in the Arkham Asylum/City games.

I don't think there is anyone that guy is loyal to, which in my opinion makes him the perfect baddie. Bit like Satan, ya know. When you're that superior, why would you need anyone else's help?

Survival Horror

Scarlet(Silent Hill Homecoming)
4xcPMsw.jpg

I like out of her appearance(and I dont mean beauty)her tragic story...Is really really sad like most of the characters in Silent Hill.

Symbolism
(taken from Silent Hill Wiki)
Scarlet is the memory of Scarlet Fitch manifested from her father's horrible guilt. Her form is based on Scarlet's love of dolls, which fill her room and can be found strewn along the path to Fitch's location.

Her rapidly beating heart, visible only after her back's ceramic layer is peeled off, is quite possibly a representation of the sheer trauma Scarlet experienced as she slowly approached death by mutilation, which is precisely what Alex must do in order to kill her.

Fitch sacrificed Scarlet by dismembering her, and the Scarlet creature's doll form shows this with the crude form of her joints. Scarlet's appearance may also be related to how Dr. Fitch saw his daughter. Should Alex choose a certain option while speaking with him, Fitch will describe Scarlet's hands as "pure as porcelain", an expensive and very fine substance. Fitch made it clear he highly treasured his daughter despite him murdering her, seeing her as a priceless treasure.

Scarlet's boss fight also deeply revolves around bleeding, and both Fitch and possibly Alex lose their heads, making the boss fight more reminiscent to Scarlet's death. She both rises from and dies in a pool of blood, resembling the great deal of it she would have lost while her father maimed her.

After defeating her for the first time, she revives and crawls around like an insect, being capable of climbing up walls and scuttering around on all fours. The reason for this is probably a take on Alex's guilt of his brother Joshua's death, as Josh had a love for spiders.

Gamer Steve

Scarlet(Silent Hill Homecoming)
4xcPMsw.jpg

I like out of her appearance(and I dont mean beauty)her tragic story...Is really really sad like most of the characters in Silent Hill.

Symbolism
(taken from Silent Hill Wiki)
Scarlet is the memory of Scarlet Fitch manifested from her father's horrible guilt. Her form is based on Scarlet's love of dolls, which fill her room and can be found strewn along the path to Fitch's location.

Her rapidly beating heart, visible only after her back's ceramic layer is peeled off, is quite possibly a representation of the sheer trauma Scarlet experienced as she slowly approached death by mutilation, which is precisely what Alex must do in order to kill her.

Fitch sacrificed Scarlet by dismembering her, and the Scarlet creature's doll form shows this with the crude form of her joints. Scarlet's appearance may also be related to how Dr. Fitch saw his daughter. Should Alex choose a certain option while speaking with him, Fitch will describe Scarlet's hands as "pure as porcelain", an expensive and very fine substance. Fitch made it clear he highly treasured his daughter despite him murdering her, seeing her as a priceless treasure.

Scarlet's boss fight also deeply revolves around bleeding, and both Fitch and possibly Alex lose their heads, making the boss fight more reminiscent to Scarlet's death. She both rises from and dies in a pool of blood, resembling the great deal of it she would have lost while her father maimed her.

After defeating her for the first time, she revives and crawls around like an insect, being capable of climbing up walls and scuttering around on all fours. The reason for this is probably a take on Alex's guilt of his brother Joshua's death, as Josh had a love for spiders.
i never knew silent hill games had backrouds for their characters like this it is very interesting.

chunji

Silent Hill games have amazing and extensive backgrounds for their characters. Or at least deep meanings for them. I wrote my senior paper on the psychology Silent Hill 2 back in 2007 lol.