• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Who wants to buy 'Left 4 Dead 2' with me?

Slasher

Suck It
Pre-Purchase Left 4 Dead 2 - Four Pack - Total $134.99 USD
Includes four copies of Left 4 Dead 2 - Send the extra copies to your friends and you'll all get early access to the demo and exclusive in-game baseball bat.

Buying a copy of L4D2 yourself would cost you $44.99 USD. If we were to do this deal instead, it would work out to $33.75 USD per person. You're basically saving yourself 11 bucks.

I know Seth and I are willing to do this, so we need two more people.

Once we have all 4, we can each send our money to someone's paypal... we could use mine if that's alright with everyone. Then we can go ahead and buy the 4 pack and distribute the extra copies off to each other.

This isn't some sort of scam or anything, I'm dead serious. I'd rather buy this game with 3 other people and save some money rather than buying it myself and having to pay more.

Seth

MD Party Room
I rather have this on 360 but hey saving 30 bucks is well worth it to have it on my pc

Colm

I'll let you know what the deal is with this next week. I'm interested, but I don't have the cash right now.

EDIT: That works out at €23. I'm in, but I won't have the money until next week, OK?
EDIT2: There might be some problems with PayPal and my 3v card, this may mean I'll have to drop out.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I might be interested (highly likely I am, so you can pretty much consider me in). Do you need us to send you the money first? Personally, I'd prefer it if you bought it, gave us the games and then we send you the money...

Let me know.

Slasher

Suck It
I might be interested (highly likely I am, so you can pretty much consider me in). Do you need us to send you the money first? Personally, I'd prefer it if you bought it, gave us the games and then we send you the money...

Let me know.

Well would you rather place the trust in one persons hands, or rip the trust up into 3 separate pieces?

I mean, I could pay for it myself and then receive the payments from you guys later, but how can I know for sure that all 3 of you are actually going to pay up?

If the money were all sent to one paypal, then wabbam, that individual buys the game and then distributes it to the others. 1 person involved. For what it's worth, I know I won't be ripping you guys off so I'd rather place the trust in my hands. I think people can vouch for my honesty, I'm not somebody who would fuck you guys over.

That's my take on it anyways.

Good to hear you're interested though! That makes one more on board (probably)

FYI, my money is transfering from my bank account to my paypal account right now. It takes 7 business days to complete (Expected Clearing Date: Oct. 19, 2009).

EvilSeph

Administrator
Would you mind paying for me first and I'll pay you back while the others give you the money in advance? I don't really mind this much, I just like to explore my options.

Also, I'm in the same boat as you; at the mercy of PayPal's adding transfer delay.

Colm

I'm out.
Long story, but it turns out that I have to spend my money elsewhere, sort of an urgent situation.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'd be very interested in this if it wasn't for the fact I don't have a job anymore >.<

may be able to get a small loan off my mother or something...if so then definitely interested.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I mean, I could pay for it myself and then receive the payments from you guys later, but how can I know for sure that all 3 of you are actually going to pay up?

Well the pack comes with one L4D2 for yourself and 3 L4D2 gifts which you don't necessarily have to give out right away.

Even if someone doesn't pay up, I'm sure you would have no troubles finding someone who will pay once the game comes out or even when the sale finishes

Slasher

Suck It
I'm not going to go to the trouble of having to find somebody that would buy l4d2 off me. That's why this thread is here. For 3 committed individuals.

I'm not loaning out my own money to pay for other peoples game, sorry EvilSeph. I have 50 bucks CAD headed to my paypal to pay for my portion and that's it

EvilSeph

Administrator
Like I said, I really don't care if you're not OK with it or anything, I was just asking. :)

I'm in. Let me know when you're planning to get it.

eighty4

Nah, I actually had to set up a paypal account for it to work. I know with sites that have buttons that say like "Donate $10 Here!", right when you click that it;ll have everything set and have the option on the left to enter CC info without a PP account.

Slasher

Suck It
Is there anyway to give you the money from a CC without having a paypal account? If so, I'm in.
Nah, I actually had to set up a paypal account for it to work. I know with sites that have buttons that say like "Donate $10 Here!", right when you click that it;ll have everything set and have the option on the left to enter CC info without a PP account.

Chathurga, do you want to do this and 'donate' the money to my paypal account?

CC purchases are insta-sent as far as I know, so this should work well.
I rather have this on 360 but hey saving 30 bucks is well worth it to have it on my pc
@Seth & EvilSeph, do you guys have the money to send to me right now? I'd like to start the funneling process (so all three of you send your portion of the money which is $33.75 USD) to my paypal account named: slasherzor@gmail.com