• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Who wants to buy 'Left 4 Dead 2' with me?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
dam, so you got the 3 already? got some cash today so could maybe pitch in but would mean I couldn't head out on saturday :\

EvilSeph

Administrator
Chathurga, do you want to do this and 'donate' the money to my paypal account?

CC purchases are insta-sent as far as I know, so this should work well.

@Seth & EvilSeph, do you guys have the money to send to me right now? I'd like to start the funneling process (so all three of you send your portion of the money which is $33.75 USD) to my paypal account named: slasherzor@gmail.com

Done. Paypal is slow at the moment though...

Slasher

Suck It
Done. Paypal is slow at the moment though...

Thanks. Got your payment.

Could I please also have your steam account so I know who to give l4d2 too

EDIT: nevermind, I see it in the note you sent with your payment

Seth

MD Party Room
I have sent the payment I just hope a ton of mfm members get this game on steam.

So does anyone want to group buy borderlands for 33 bucks as well?

EvilSeph

Administrator
Slasher, please post when you've sent me the game, thanks :)

Slasher

Suck It
Still waiting on Chathurga's payment

I still need to wait till October 19th for my portion of the money to be transferred to my paypal account. Just so you guys know, I'll be making the purchase on the 19th and will be distributing it to you three right after I buy it.

I'll post back in here to let you know when I send them out

Chathurga

I used these disposable credit cards and I'm the only one in my house with an account so everyone uses mine. My mam lost the physical card used to get the disposable cards, shouldn't take too long to find.

Slasher

Suck It
I don't know what's going on but I keep getting "This transaction amount is greater than your available PayPal balance. To complete purchase, please add a credit or debit card." even though I have well over enough sitting in my paypal account right now.

Maybe it requires some time for my paypal to update itself? I might have to wait till tomorrow before I make the purchase.

Robby

Los Doyers!
For me atleast, paypal does take a while to update its balance.

Slasher

Suck It
Is there some sort of hidden tax I'm not aware of?

My current balance is just under $150 USD, and the price for this purchase is supposed to be $134.99 USD

When I try to make the purchase, it says I don't have enough funds in my account. So I tried making a smaller purchase just to see if I could get past that block, and it did work. So my account has clearly updated itself, yet it says I don't have enough funds in my account to make the 134.99 purchase? What the fuck.

So is steam/paypal actually charging more than 134.99 or what?

I've sent an inquiry email to paypal so we'll see what's going on here... If worse comes to worst, I'll just use a fucking credit card and I'll send these funds off to my bank account to pay it off.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I just tried to see what's up and it wants me to add a CC or Debit Card to my PayPal account? What? Valve no longer accepts PayPal (by that I mean *direct* PayPal)?

Your recipient requires instant payments. To pay instantly, please update your card information.

Edit: I think this may be because I don't have enough money in my PayPal account, actually.

eighty4

Hit the buy button and it'll take you to PayPal, but fill out your CC info on the right instead of logging in.

Slasher

Suck It
This is pretty much the problem I'm facing, except all my funds are in USD.
cannot buy Steam product through paypal - Steam Users' Forums
(particularly post #6 at that link)

So what might be going on is that Steam has the cut off limit set at the original price ($150) instead of the discount price (which is 134.99).

Does anybody have an extra $2 they could let me borrow since that would bump my account up over $150 (the original cost of the four pack without the discount) ?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
PM me your PayPal and I'll send you the $2.

If that doesn't work, donate the money to the site and I will buy the 4-pack for you clowns.

Slasher

Suck It
PM me your PayPal and I'll send you the $2.

If that doesn't work, donate the money to the site and I will buy the 4-pack for you clowns.

Thanks Abe, it worked

Looks like steam needs to sort their shit out. Fuckers.

I sent the $2 back since all I needed it for was to bump my balance up

~~~

So what I need you 3 to do is accept my friend invitation on steam. My steam account is slasher1234 just so you know.
Once you accept it, then I can send you your game.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Got it. Tried to open it and it crashed Steam. Wonderful :D