• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Why does iTunes keep deleting my artwork?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I've had my iPod Touch since the 1st generation came out. Since then, I've compiled my library and added every album cover (thanks to google) of every single song I have. Yet it seems, iTunes likes to irritate me every once and a while by deleting the covers to a few dozen songs. This pisses me off considering the time it took me to get all that artwork.

I have a jailbroken iPod Touch, first generation which I just updated to 3.1.3. I am running the latest version of iTunes on Windows Vista. Can anyone help me with my problem?

Cryox

Bro.
That has happened to me before I believe. Have you tried going to the Artwork tab in Get Info(right click on song(s) > Get Info > Artwork) And seeing if it shows up there?

The times that iTunes had seemed to be deleting some of my album covers, it showed up there. If it does show there then I think it's just a bug (I would think from having a large library as this never happened to me when i had 200+/- songs)

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Nope it gets rid of it completely. I have to redo it. I should mention that I haven't downloaded any music from itunes.

EDIT: Found an easy way to get them back. Right click and tell it to "get album artwork". Even though the information isn't all right it still finds it. It turns out that the cover is actually a part of the the music file itself. By telling it to get the artwork, it seems to recheck the file and finds it.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Nope it gets rid of it completely. I have to redo it. I should mention that I haven't downloaded any music from itunes.

EDIT: Found an easy way to get them back. Right click and tell it to "get album artwork". Even though the information isn't all right it still finds it. It turns out that the cover is actually a part of the the music file itself. By telling it to get the artwork, it seems to recheck the file and finds it.

I'm pretty sure the "Get Album Artwork" option fetches it from online..

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm pretty sure the "Get Album Artwork" option fetches it from online..

What I've seen is that it only does that on tracks that have either been ripped from a CD or downloaded via iTunes. It doesn't do it from imported files (at least, not for me).

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
What I've seen is that it only does that on tracks that have either been ripped from a CD or downloaded via iTunes. It doesn't do it from imported files (at least, not for me).
Are filling up your ipod to capacity? It will usually delete artwork if there is not much space left.

Also it gets the album art from online, for any song. The album title just has to be the same (or close) to what is on iTunes. The ones that can't find album art aren't in the iTunes database. I don't rip or buy from iTunes any songs and it still gets the album art, unless its a rare or unknown song/album.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Are filling up your ipod to capacity? It will usually delete artwork if there is not much space left.

Also it gets the album art from online, for any song. The album title just has to be the same (or close) to what is on iTunes. The ones that can't find album art aren't in the iTunes database. I don't rip or buy from iTunes any songs and it still gets the album art, unless its a rare or unknown song/album.

Yeah, I'm filling my iPod to about 200mb free space. So I may be wrong about the album artwork but the cover does become a part of the actual file.