• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Why make HB at all (was: OT from PS3-Pong release thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Oh gawd wikipedia :/ That article also needs citations for verification.

Anywho, once you become a developer and actually start coding, then maybe you will understand there is a difference. Designer is the creative one that basically is a writer. They design the game, while the developers actually put the design into effect.

Coding in the past doesn't necessary make you a developer. You need to posses skills to be able to do... blah nvm I'm not even gonna explain to you.

From reading that wiki page, I see lead designer and writer, basically someone that just tells the developers what to do.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Oh gawd wikipedia :/

Anywho, once you become a developer and actually start coding, then maybe you will understand there is a difference.

I already coded in the past? Not terribly hard stuff but I did. And yes I had fun, but even more when people praised my work.

And that's one of the few things accurate on the wikipedia xD It'sa quote from a book I have if I'm not mistaken

ilyace

I already coded in the past? Not terribly hard stuff but I did. And yes I had fun, but even more when people praised my work.

And that's one of the few things accurate on the wikipedia xD It'sa quote from a book I have if I'm not mistaken

You followed a couple "How to make games with C++" tutorials...hardly qualifies you as a developer.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You followed a couple "How to make games with C++" tutorials...hardly qualifies you as a developer.

I used what I learned from that to make other stuff that wasn't in the book, such as the weird app I released in the forums some time ago. That wasn't from the book. Try again pls.

I know I'm no programmer, but I don't wish to be either.

ilyace

I used what I learned from that to make other stuff that wasn't in the book, such as the weird app I released in the forums some time ago. That wasn't from the book. Try again pls.

I know I'm no programmer, but I don't wish to be either.

Then you're no developer, just drop it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Then you're no developer, just drop it.

Suit yourself.

It's pointless when I'm surrounded by people who want to see me fail, crash and burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.