• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Why the site is dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eighty4

Let me explain.

The site is dead because ever since HEN was announced, and hyped up here mainly, we have gotten an influx of idiots who feel like hackers for running an .exe or putting an eboot in a folder and running it. It's pitiful to see the state of site come to this, and to see it become such a failed attempt at this dream idea of a "hang out" place.

We have to consider what is happening with the users and look at their posts. These people are replying to topics with things like "Epic!!!!! !". That's unneeded and unnecessary. If anything, the OP wants to hear things along the lines of "Great job, keep up the nice work" or at least some nice information on how to make their project be improved upon. For the sake of what's going on, we do not need these users making idiotic posts and becoming poor in their minds and sharing false knowledge or posting on what they don't know.

Next, I don't feel that the idea of an elitist forum is a bad idea at all. If the forums were closed, it would let the forums stick to your idea of a place to hang out and a simple place to be. People often refer to this idea as "outlandish" and not possible. Why was this site made? To help other people? Trust me, other sites cover that better and more well than we do. GBATemp covers all of Nintendo practically, DCEmu covers PSP news, and then you have your other places for simple 360 and PS3 news, which isn;t even an interest here.

FInally, we always plan to have "community gatherings" which would be nice if they were actually worth it. You get something planned and then someone says "Oh, I won't be able to make it." which actually, has more of an effect than you think, it's ill. Next time you make a plan to do something with the community, don't always change your mind once it's set in stone. Plan ahead and actually plan on being there.

TL;DR: Site's dying because of noob users, lack of coverage, and unorganized people.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
The site is great!

But seriously, whatever. I'm not all srs bsns. I enjoy coming here every couple of days, make fun of Sullivan, trying to contribute to threads, its all fine for me.

Two things that would be nice:
1) More active members.
2) More front page coverage. I could even help if needed.

EDIT: Clicking on "new posts" makes me disagree with you. 28 new posts since the last time I clicked (daily), is a fine community.

eighty4

The site has been dead for longer than the 2 (or 3?) months people have been in school. It's been an issue discussed on IRC for awhile now.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
The site is great!

But seriously, whatever. I'm not all srs bsns. I enjoy coming here every couple of days, make fun of Sullivan, trying to contribute to threads, its all fine for me.

1) More active members.

We don't need just active members, but active members who can decently post.

eighty4

The site is great!

1) More active members.

EDIT: Clicking on "new posts" makes me disagree with you. 28 new posts since the last time I clicked (daily), is a fine community.

Now subtract the idiotic posts you see and irrelevant posts.

Dan

Contributor
Referring to the HEN thing...

2432jok.png

And that's just 'B'.

eighty4

How would that mean me trolling? Get back on topic or don't post at all. I hate when people attack irrelevant topics and think they have a hand over someone.

Dan

Contributor
Babyraincat is a sick name. I'd post more if that was my name.

Lmao, some of the names are actually good. There was 'the china man' or something along those lines. I want that name.

The site will be getting more popular soon, we're going to 'expand' ;)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Hiratai, this is one of the few times I'll agree with you.

It would be nice if people actually thought before they post, because five-word posts aren't really productive and don't help discussion at all.

As for the closed posts I can't really say if I agree or not, cuz I have never tried it in my life. Though I can tell you that when I came here, DCemu was dead, and it's deader now.

As for community gatherings, maybe if people would work out a schedule in the forums that would suit everyone equally, people would actually show up. But that's just me.

eighty4

That was on topic. A reply to your quote that there was a lot of idiotic posts on here.

What are you trying to prove anyways?
What will you get out of telling the community that they are dead?

Enjoy being negative.

Oh, I get it. You didn't read the first post at all. If you did, you'd see it's all suggestions and ideas. Enjoy being ignorant.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Guys: eighty4 is not trolling in this topic.

I totally agree with the first post, pretty much every word of it, with the exception of closing it off. I think that, myself included, people need to be more reliable and do what they say. This goes for everything.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
eighty4: Suggestion 1 said:
We have to consider what is happening with the users and look at their posts. These people are replying to topics with things like "Epic!!!!! !". That's unneeded and unnecessary. If anything, the OP wants to hear things along the lines of "Great job, keep up the nice work" or at least some nice information on how to make their project be improved upon. For the sake of what's going on, we do not need these users making idiotic posts and becoming poor in their minds and sharing false knowledge or posting on what they don't know.

eighty4: Suggestion 2 said:
Next, I don't feel that the idea of an elitist forum is a bad idea at all. If the forums were closed, it would let the forums stick to your idea of a place to hang out and a simple place to be. People often refer to this idea as "outlandish" and not possible. Why was this site made? To help other people? Trust me, other sites cover that better and more well than we do. GBATemp covers all of Nintendo practically, DCEmu covers PSP news, and then you have your other places for simple 360 and PS3 news, which isn;t even an interest here.

you'd see it's all suggestions and ideas.

All 3 of them.

eighty4

1) Not everyone has to be smart, as I said. Just have a functional brain.

2) Dead as in the current users on the forum don't post or no longer have interest.

3) That's taking exactly what I said out of context. I said to plan properly and not make snap decisions on the spot.

Seriously, it would be better if you actually read the thread and stopped bringing up invalid points or points that take what I say completely out of context to make yourself look half decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.