• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Why Won't Photoshop Open!

Dan

Contributor
Right so, I've just installed Adobe Photoshop CS3 onto my Netbook ( Advent 4490 ) after reinstalling XP a couple of weeks ago ( Photoshop was working fine then ).

I managed to find the Photoshop installation files before I reinstalled xp and backed them up. The files of which I.. ahem.. *bought* - which worked perfectly fine before, nothing wrong whatsoever.

So I installed Photoshop CS3, restarted, tried opening and got this message:

2s96af9.jpg

Any idea what could be causing this? I Googled and found nothing :(

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Oh I think I know the solution, well not any more any way it's a bit late.

When you backed up your installation files, You needed to also backup the ADOBE folder in the Common files in Program files. Also you needed the ADOBE folder from Application Data(which is by default hidden) in Documents and Settings.

I had this same problem about a year or two ago. Figured it out eventually and now I keep my backup up to date with each folder.

you are gonna need to get a complete clean install. You can leave the current one there and install over it if you want to keep settings and presets. (Although I don't remember if these are tied to the other directories)

Dan

Contributor
Menace: Can't find the actually update anywhere D:

Trigun: When I meant installation files, I meant setup, winbootstrapper, etc. I can't post a picture of it because tinypic isn't working for me now :/

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Menace: Can't find the actually update anywhere D:

Trigun: When I meant installation files, I meant setup, winbootstrapper, etc. I can't post a picture of it because tinypic isn't working for me now :/

Well the folders in the other directories is what solved this problem for me before. So I dont' think I can add any more than get a clean install

Dan

Contributor
Ah, right. Deleted all traces of CS3, temp files, registry data and did a clean install of CS4. Works fine now. CS3 still wouldn't work though :( Ah well, CS4 will work just as fine for me.

Thanks, Trigun.