• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii homebrew channel. problems downloading apps

avazil

When I try to download apps from the Homebrew channel it freezes and I have to shut down the wii. I've tried formatting the system and reinstalling it, but it didn't work. I have a 4.2U wii. I used bannerbomb to install hombrew. I didn't need to usethe Twilight hack or any other form of hack. I just installed it fromt the SD card. There are other problems I'm having, but I'll start with this.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Not sure how many people we have on these forums to help with such a problem. Was this always a problem since you installed 4.2U or did it just suddenly appear? The fact that you reformatted the system and reinstalled it makes me believe it's part of the storage medium that is being used to download the apps onto but then again I've never used the Homebrew menu so can't say for certain.

avazil

I just got this wii and installed it today. I've looked on internet for solutions, but nothing has worked so far. I formatted my SD card into FAT32 format. Does that make a difference?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just got this wii and installed it today. I've looked on internet for solutions, but nothing has worked so far. I formatted my SD card into FAT32 format. Does that make a difference?

Yeah, I believe it's supposed to be formatted in FAT not FAT32

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
afaik you cant download apps from the homebrew channel itself. the application you use for that is called the homebrew browser, are you using that? i had issues with the homebrew browser as well early on so i havent used it sense. i just download the homebrew i want manually and place it on the sd card.

as for which format, apparently it doesnt matter if its fat32 or fat, but fat seems to be faster.

anyway, try downloading a few apps and manually putting them on the sd card and see if you can get them working. if they do work you can conclude its an issue with the homebrew browser (if thats what you're using).