• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

Sullivan

Ya, thanks, I was randomly pushing butttons and couldn't figure it out.

James, why don't you remove the water mark? And also, I seem to not be able to install any video card drivers. How do I go about this?

James.

User Not Found
I dunno, I like the "feel" of the beta software :p

I installed my drivers using the Vista drivers, in compatability mode for vista and running as admin.

My Desktop....

my.php

I still trying to organize the way I want my icons.

Vee

Does partitioning a already in use hard drive, result in memory loss?

I want to install partition my HDD for Windows 7, but cant be bothered to back it all up. It doesnt format your hard drive right?

James.

User Not Found
Does partitioning a already in use hard drive, result in memory loss?

I want to install partition my HDD for Windows 7, but cant be bothered to back it all up. It doesnt format your hard drive right?
Nope. Make sure the drive isnt fragmented, and use a partition shrinker

James.

User Not Found
Partition shrinker? It that just like a program used to make partitions? Also, how do i tell if its fragmented? I dont think it is..
Lifehacker - How to Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP or Vista - How To
That should help

To see if your HDD is fragmented, just run a disk defragmenter. It's always a good habit to keep your disk defragmented, it speeds up access times.

WARNING: YOU CAN STILL LOSE INFORMATION. I LOST 30Gbs OF INFORMATION BY IMPROPERLY PARTITIONING

Joey

I hope I'll be able to Upgrade from the 7 Beta to what ever version of 7 I buy. The idea of spending a weekend having to reinstall all my programs doesn't sound enticing AT ALL.

The last time I did that, I didn't have a job, so it was fine. But at this point in my life, I just don't have the time to do that anymore.

Bill

I hope I'll be able to Upgrade from the 7 Beta to what ever version of 7 I buy. The idea of spending a weekend having to reinstall all my programs doesn't sound enticing AT ALL.

The last time I did that, I didn't have a job, so it was fine. But at this point in my life, I just don't have the time to do that anymore.

Nope. You can do custom install from the upgrade disc though. Isn't there a way to transfer all your stuff from the windows.c folder left behind from this? I think that's how you "upgrade" from xp.

Joey

So I could upgrade from Vista to 7 just fine, but I wont be able to upgrade from the 7 beta to 7?

Well I know what that means. I'm not upgrading. Windows 7 beta until they wont let me no mo.

Bill

So I could upgrade from Vista to 7 just fine, but I wont be able to upgrade from the 7 beta to 7?

Well I know what that means. I'm not upgrading. Windows 7 beta until they wont let me no mo.

Yeah, it's bullshit. That's why I just stopped using the RC and went with Kubuntu. I don't want to get too far into using an OS just to lose it.

Joey

Yeah, it's bullshit. That's why I just stopped using the RC and went with Kubuntu. I don't want to get too far into using an OS just to lose it.

Well I've been using this specific install for over a year and a half, so I don't care how good Windows 7 is, I'm not undoing all of that.

James.

User Not Found
I just got one of my copies in the post today, can i reinstall any amount of times using my cd key? (I think my laptop hdd is dying and i want to know if i can keep 7)

twelve

I'm not dead
I've got my copy of Vista installed on 3 different PCs using the same key and never had any problems. I'm assuming that 7 will be the same.

Should be getting mine tomorrow. It shipped from Play.com yesterday.

James.

User Not Found
I've got my copy of Vista installed on 3 different PCs using the same key and never had any problems. I'm assuming that 7 will be the same.

Should be getting mine tomorrow. It shipped from Play.com yesterday.
Bah, so I paid for a copy when I didn't need to?
I should've just got the free acer copy I'm getting :(

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I ordered the $30 download from win741. anyone know how that will work? will it be an iso that I burn to a disk?