• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

Seth

MD Party Room
Windows 7 installed crazy fast....

I kinda like it....Tho a few drivers are missing it no big deal....

Sound,Video,Internet all worked out of the box....Not much more I can ask for...

Seth

MD Party Room
After playing with Windows 7 for a little while I dont think I can go back to vista....The new taskbar is a breath of fresh air...WP12 is really nice and a welcome change also...Ie8 is sucks...

There now a way better replacement to quicklanch. A way better way to group windows, a better desktop shortcut...Just wish they add some dam tabs to windows explorer...

It also just as stable as vista....

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Anyone has audio drivers for VMWare?

I don't know if Windows 7 is supported fully in VMWare, but I know that the latest Parallels 4 beta has working Windows 7 audio drivers when you install the most updated version of Parallels Tools. I would highly recommend Parallels 4 over VMWare for virtualization anyway, I've gotten much better results with it.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Anyone has audio drivers for VMWare?

i used what came with vmware and it was good.
only thing i dont like is i keep clicking that send feedback button by accident.
:confused::confused:

its fully supported though.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Hmm, not for me, no sound here.... :(

dunno if this helps but im using the null audio driver
controller im using is ICH AC97

im pretty sure you know this but you edit the settings on the side where it says details then go down to audio.

dunno if that helps any.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
After playing with Windows 7 for a little while I dont think I can go back to vista....The new taskbar is a breath of fresh air...WP12 is really nice and a welcome change also...Ie8 is sucks...

There now a way better replacement to quicklanch. A way better way to group windows, a better desktop shortcut...Just wish they add some dam tabs to windows explorer...

It also just as stable as vista....

I agree, especially on the tabs. the new taskbar is nice. just make sure you 'use small icons' if you don't want it to be absurdly huge.

Seth

MD Party Room
I like the large Icon way better..

Seth

MD Party Room
I'm thinking of installing this on my netbook, good idea?

If your drivers work out of the box hell yea...

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
If your drivers work out of the box hell yea...

if there are vista drivers, then it will 90% likely work on win 7. there was almost no change to drivers this time. ms didnt want to repeat vistas launch.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Anybody tried the 64 bit version yet? It was just leaked to major torrent sites today, I'll be curious to see what kind of performance boost and/or compatibility issues the x64 version has.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
The beta officially comes out Friday, I wonder if it's a different build. Or if it will be less crashy with my integrated graphics.

EvilSeph

Administrator
The beta 1 build is going to be build 7000. Microsoft has issued a QFE (quick fix engineering) for the most well known bug, the MP3 corruption bug, but you need to be an official tester to get it. Well, actually it's been leaked too.