• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

(TSON)

Arcade Whore.
Two days 'till release, huh.

I wonder what's been changed between RC and RTM.

Colm

The version number, and some theme stuff.
Seriously, I even thought the RC ran faster, but it could just be a bit of a placebo...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I ordered the $30 download from win741. anyone know how that will work? will it be an iso that I burn to a disk?

That's a really good question actually. I'm not sure but if I had to take a guess they would just give you the key via e-mail and give you a link to download the iso like you said. I say this because they had an offer for $15 more to add a disk to your purchase so you could reformat/repair with. Although I'm not entirely sure myself

Tommi

That's a really good question actually. I'm not sure but if I had to take a guess they would just give you the key via e-mail and give you a link to download the iso like you said. I say this because they had an offer for $15 more to add a disk to your purchase so you could reformat/repair with. Although I'm not entirely sure myself

You can make that disk yourelf, well... I could...
restore.jpg

On topic: I has it. And yes, it's legit... Although I can't activate it till thursday, been told PC World can get in trouble for that? :<

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You can make that disk yourelf, well... I could...
[qimg]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5011/restore.jpg[/qimg]

On topic: I has it. Having friends in high places helps :p And yes, it's legit... Although I can't activate it till thursday :<

Yeah I know you can...

Also you should be able to activate it already, I have an activated copy already

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo

I wonder when we will get the email. will it be 12am EST sharp, or later

Seth

MD Party Room
You could always just keep the iso/burn disk to reinstall windows 7.

ChurchedAtheist

Im really hoping for 12am, so i can install before bed.

also, the license keys given for upgrades are the same as any other licese right? I can use the standard install cd right?

twelve

I'm not dead
Nope. The license key is the upgrade part. All the discs have the full version on it, it's the key that determines whether you can do a fresh install or whether you can only do an upgrade install.

Bill

ChurchedAtheist

You have to have a version of windows already installed though, as you cannot boot from upgrade discs (assuming it's exactly the same as Vista).

well, I have vista installed. could I use the upgrade license key on the full install disk (such as the one on technet en_windows_7_home_premium_x86_dvd_x15-65732.iso) and do a full install?

Hellcat

Contributor
/me plopps in

Hey, folks :)
Is there an activation (WPA) crack that makes Win7 think it's properly activated BUT let's me use my own (genuine) product key? :)

So, I'd need to cheat the activation only, not the WGA thing.... :)

/me plopps out

B

Bizarre

Am I the only one waiting a few months or so before doing the upgrade?

Seth

MD Party Room
What the point...Retail is pretty bug free as far as I can tell...

B

Bizarre

Yea that was said about Vista too so I'm going to play it safe, also I want to hear what people say, if its just the look and feel that changed then no point of upgrading.

B

Bizarre

Yes but it would still be great to hear more about it etc. Plus money is an issue atm.