• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

Hellcat

Contributor
Isn't there an option in the normal taskbar prefs "[ ] enable Aero Peek"?
Just disable that.

Why always these unneeded tools? :confused:
Most of them only set settings already settable....

EvilSeph

Administrator
I'm fairly certain there is no way to disable it in Windows 7 without the use of that tool.

Hellcat

Contributor
Hm, yeah, maybe I'm a bit off, but this sounds promising - haven't tried yet (can't/don't want to log off'n'on for testing ATM)

img-00111_untitled1_g-r-full.gif

I'm sure there's an option for it already, it just needs to be found.
How else could those tools do it, they don't add features to windows, just set hidden settings.... usually....

Hm, yeah, maybe I'm a bit off, but this sounds promising - haven't tried yet (can't/don't want to log off'n'on for testing ATM)

[qimg]http://ut3.hellcat.net/pictures/img-00111_untitled1_g-r-full.gif[/qimg]

I'm sure there's an option for it already, it just needs to be found.
How else could those tools do it, they don't add features to windows, just set hidden settings.... usually....

yeah I hit enable and reboot. I got nothing. it still pop up.

Edit: that 7 Taskbar Tweaker looks promising but I cant seem to download it.

EvilSeph

Administrator

EvilSeph

Administrator
No problem yolarrydabomb!

I've run into this problem a few times and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it or how it is caused. For whatever reason, sometimes a window I have open becomes "always on top" and the only way I can fix it is by closing and re-opening the window or application. Very annoying.

Anyone else notice this and/or know how it is triggered/what keyboard shortcut I'm mistakenly pressing or something?

Hellcat

Contributor
Anyone else notice this and/or know how it is triggered/what keyboard shortcut I'm mistakenly pressing or something?
Seems to be a common issue on 7, I noticed it since the RC and unfortunately it's not fixed in the retail.
ANd it happens quite often too (w/o using the keyboard, so unlikely an accidentally triggered shortcut).
To me it looks like some sort of timing issue and Windows "forgets" that the window in question is still on top and garbles up stuff....

However for me it usually works to click into "ontop" window and back into the one I want to get to the front, didn't have to close and reopen so far.

has anybody tried the new Windows 7 Backup and Restore Center? If so does it backup just the Users folder or the whole entire system? which i only care for is Users folder.

I just got me a 1TB Western Digital Mybook

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
has anybody tried the new Windows 7 Backup and Restore Center? If so does it backup just the Users folder or the whole entire system? which i only care for is Users folder.

I just got me a 1TB Western Digital Mybook

You can select what it chooses to backup