• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 doesn't restart properly.. sigh.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Okay, I had one problem, my bluetooth software made my computer freeze on shutdown, solved that and now, it shuts down properly, but if I ever need to restart, it shuts down the computer and is just blank, the monitor has no signal and everything is turned off apart from the light on my keyboard, the computer doesn't reboot like it should and I have to manually power it off and start it up myself, why is it doing this? :(

Copy and pasted from a different thread i started on tech forums, if anyone can help i'd be very happy and appreciative.

Moose

Meta Moose
I can't offer any help myself, but I have done a little Googling and found this. It might be of some help if you haven't already stumbled across it.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Thanks dude, I have a feeling it's to do with power management, obviously its shutting down but not giving it power to boot back up or something like that, i'll look into it, if anyone else has info, thankyou :)

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Edit: Thanks moose again but that didn't help, it still doesn't restart properly, don't have a clue what it could be.

Riorio99

Right, do you have anything plugged in via USB? I had this problema while back whilst repairing my mum's PC. All I had to do was boot it without the USB memory stick and it was fine. Unplug USB stuff when rebooting, sounds odd, but it's helped me.