• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 RTM

Bill

RTM2.png

RTM.png

As you have probably heard, the RTM has been signed off. Nothing different AFAIK. Anyone obtain it yet besides SWIM?

twelve

I'm not dead
Was RTM last week. Loads of OEM manufacturers have already got it.

I'm not gonna bother because I've already preordered it.

Bill

Yeah, I just hadn't done anything with the image till last night. It's build 7600.16385. Can't wait till the activators are out.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I just hadn't done anything with the image till last night. It's build 7600.16385. Can't wait till the activators are out.

Give the beta keys a crack at it, they've worked for all the builds so far (I haven't tried the RTM build but will if I do build my new computer)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
They changed the key algorithm for RTM, beta keys will no longer work.

I've been running it since last week. Just going to keep rearming until I obtain a valid key.

Bill

No RC keys either. You can make a frankenbuild by swapping the RTM activation with the RC activation, but that will only work till the RC expires and you will not get updates. OEM stuffs should be out soon enough though. By the time you can no longer rearm Win7 will be fully cracked and ready to go.

Sullivan

I have a TechNet subscription, and I was told that the RTM would be available to me. I can't find it on there.

Bill

I didn't get the RTM from microsoft...

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
How is it messing with your card?

I have a Radeon 4890. The control center is not compatible with the OS as well as Benchwork refuses to run properly. Im suspecting some sort of fix soon from ATI but idk

So i pretty much cant directly overclock or control the card

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ATI has been releasing Windows 7 supported drivers for months. I've had no problems with my card. Overclocking via CCC works fine.

Sullivan

Okay, cool. I checked technet and its up.

Debating on installing 64 bit or 32 bit. Has ANYONE ran into any issues having a program not run right in 64 bit? I currently have a program that I use almost daily that only works on 32 bit, I may install a VM ware version of it.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
ATI has been releasing Windows 7 supported drivers for months. I've had no problems with my card. Overclocking via CCC works fine.

Well, no luck. All ATI drivers installed and the CCC still wont work. I wonder if its the monitor? The only driver it has for vista 32 support

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Okay, cool. I checked technet and its up.

Debating on installing 64 bit or 32 bit. Has ANYONE ran into any issues having a program not run right in 64 bit? I currently have a program that I use almost daily that only works on 32 bit, I may install a VM ware version of it.

Red Alert 2 refuses to play online for me.
Thats about it.

eighty4

Yeah I just installed this over Leopard. Oh wait...my bad, I thought this was for the cooler more sophisticated and elegant Snow Leopard. My bad.