• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Tweaks - Quick Launch Bar, Recycle Bin on Taskbar

Seth

MD Party Room
I have a few...While there not tweaks they are really useful

Win+P: Switch your display from one monitor to another.
Win+Home :Minimise/ restore everything except the current window

RSS Wallpaper

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
That first one is kind of useless, since the taskbar naturally functions as a quick lauch bar.

It's not the same as the old quick launch bar. For example, once an application is open you can't run another instance (I found that with firefox if you exit out of the main browser but leave the download window open you can't re-fire up firefox from the new taskbar). I prefer to have a quicklaunch on my taskbar so this was the first thing I did when I got the Win7 beta - although it is far from the real thing sadly :/

Joey

It's not the same as the old quick launch bar. For example, once an application is open you can't run another instance (I found that with firefox if you exit out of the main browser but leave the download window open you can't re-fire up firefox from the new taskbar). I prefer to have a quicklaunch on my taskbar so this was the first thing I did when I got the Win7 beta - although it is far from the real thing sadly :/

You can start a new instance, just right click the icon in the taskbar.

I just find the quick star bar to be extremely unsightly. It ruins the look of Windows 7, in my mind.

Colm

It's middle-click actually. And I like the new taskbar, I find it a lot easier to switch between windows with it.

Colm

Damn. Should have thought about that before I ran off and uninstalled it.

Vee

Yeah, i really hated how you had to click twice, to open up the perticular conversation you wanted.

Moose

Meta Moose
Me too. It's fairly counter-productive. I much prefer having the contact window hidden away.

Found a new hint maybe you guys dont know it but whatever..

Hold shift and right click on the taskbar. gives you the regular right click and close.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Found a new hint maybe you guys dont know it but whatever..

Hold shift and right click on the taskbar. gives you the regular right click and close.

Great tip, the other day I was looking for the classic menu since it has some features the new one does not