• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 + Windows Live Messenger + iTunes

_Syn

I can't display my songs on Messenger. Yes, I have iTunes set as default player, and yes I have checked the box in Messenger. But whenever I have the box checked, it just keeps randomly reopening iTunes.

Sum it all up: My song isn't showing but whenever I check the box in Messenger, iTunes keeps randomly popping itself as the main window.

Thanks in advance :bored:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Does iTunes have decent support for the Now Playing plugin? I've only used WinAmp and WMP to do that so I can't be too sure.

But that sounds like a simple incompatibility problem.

RoBz

sucker
I noticed this problem at first but once I installed the Last.fm scrobbler it was fixed.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Never had this problem with windows 7...maybe installing the last.fm scrobbler would help like RoBz says

Colm

Get Messenger Plus Live! (do NOT get the sponsor program) and download a good Now Playing script.

_Syn

I installed Last.fm scrobbler with no success. Same goes for the Plus!

I don't know what the hell is wrong, it used to work when I was in Vista, but not anymore. iTunes just keeps reopening when I have the box checked on Messenger.

I know this doesn't help but meh I use to use winamp plugin on yahoo messenger called Y! amp.

Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger merge screen names and e-mails....

you try uninstall everything and reinstall it back?