• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows explorer issue

B

Bizarre

I use Firefox, however whenever I launch IE8, it always redirects me to iamwired.net or something, normally this wouldn't be an issue but now it doesn't let me sign on windows live messenger which is a bit of a problem, I ran my anti-virus and found 3 trojans, got rid of them but this still occurrs. Any help?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hmm...Start menu -> Control Panel -> Internet Options...I think there's an option there for setting your homepage. I don't have IE on this computer so can't double check that.

B

Bizarre

It's not the homepage, my homepage is facebook and it goes to iamwired, then I go to google and it does the same.

Adiuvo

What AV are you running?

B

Bizarre

@Frozen, I'll try that and post an update

@Adiuvo, I'm using AVG9

Dan

Contributor
I knew you were going to say AVG >.>

Yeah, malwarebytes should do the trick.

B

Bizarre

Ah, still doesn't work, it found a few trojans or virus's whatever you want to call it, and I deleted and restarted my computer and still have the problem.

Dan

Contributor
Looking around, it's an addon which cloaks itself as 'Loudmo' - disable it.

B

Bizarre

There's nothing like that.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Actually the iamwired doesn't come up no more, but the IE8 doesn't load any pages.

explosions

The network connection setting have most likely been modified by the virus. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connection and (probably) LAN settings. I doubt you need a proxy and you should probably check "Automatically detect settings". If that doesn't work, you probably need to change your DNS servers for your connection.

B

Bizarre

^ Ya I did that and now it works fine, thanks for the help guys.